The Student Room Group

Choosing Spanish a level??

Just want to know everyone’s opinion on doing Spanish alevel. I’m generally quite good with Spanish, it’s the one of the subjects I enjoy and I didn’t revise one bit and got a 4 which is a C on the new GCSE, and only three in our class passed it and they revised loads. ALso, writing is my strong point by far as it comes quite natural to me to use different tenses, verbs etc. I want to know, what is the jump from gcse? Is it enjoyable?? I want to take psychology and either sociology or English language along side it and study Spanish at uni hopefully and become a Spanish teacher/tutor. Thankyou for your time :smile:
it's a facilitating a level to have, so universities will love it. however it is a lot of work, my friend is doing AS Spanish atm and she has to read entire novels in Spanish and analyse them in Spanish, kind of like English literature but in Spanish. but that's only part of the course, the entire course isn't just that. If you want to do Spanish at university, go for it! Don't worry about the grades you're on currently, when I was doing my gcses I never got higher than a 4 in maths on mocks (just an example) and ended up with a 7! The grade boundaries will also be very low for this year as they were for us doing the new English and maths. Just keep working hard and you will get there! Good luck with your GCSE's :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by space-oddity
it's a facilitating a level to have, so universities will love it. however it is a lot of work, my friend is doing AS Spanish atm and she has to read entire novels in Spanish and analyse them in Spanish, kind of like English literature but in Spanish. but that's only part of the course, the entire course isn't just that. If you want to do Spanish at university, go for it! Don't worry about the grades you're on currently, when I was doing my gcses I never got higher than a 4 in maths on mocks (just an example) and ended up with a 7! The grade boundaries will also be very low for this year as they were for us doing the new English and maths. Just keep working hard and you will get there! Good luck with your GCSE's :smile:

Omg that’s amazing I too done the papers you done for my mocks and got a 4 aswell so a 7 is amazing! Thankyou so much for your help, and thankyou I’m going to have to start to revise soon ahh!! :smile:
I would say if you're prepared to do the work go ahead! Just a small warning though, and one I wish I'd been told, is that it can be hard to get a good grade in it since so many native speakers take it and that can push the grade boundaries up. My class was full of native spanish/Portuguese speakers and there were only two of us non-natives in the class

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending