The Student Room Group

can someone grade my essay

i was wondering if someone could grade my igcse edexcel language b essay as im homeschooled i just wanted to know the level of my english. i know im not very good at it as i was never a big fan of english since small.
thanks in advacee

Pain in llife
Pain is a word that most of us hate. It's a fundamental element that we involuntarily feel. As we all know there are two main kinds of pain; emotional and physical. As the physical lasts for a short period of time unless you badly get injured, the emotional one can last for a life time.

Every human throughout history has felt pain somewhere in his life. The moment when you were crawling and stumbling to walk when you were about one, you fell and you got up with the determination and now you can walk flawlessly. I think we all remember the first time our dentist pulled out our baby tooth. Knowing it would would hurt a lot even though people around us used to say "it will only hurt a little" just to console us. Those butterflies that you felt in your stomach as the dentist got closer with his tools, and that juicy heart of yours accelerated the beat. And yes, it did hurt but those are all the pain that lasted for a maximum of three days.
How about the pain you felt when your trust had just got broken? That indeed lasted longer. That agony that you felt in your soul as your whole body paralyzed along with your brain not functioning properly as you just got a mental breakdown from the shock. I personally like to describe trust as a vase, easy to break and hard to repair and zilch makes it back to looking like the original vase.

Not knowing how to express this pain many of us just stay quiet and cry. But those tears that rushed through your eyes somehow made you feel a little better.
We shouldn't let pain hold us back from following our roads of dreams as facing obstacle is very much normal in life. I guess we should all exhale the past and inhale the future.
2/10, would not bang read again. Now rate my essay.

>Be 16
>Going to Highschool
>Today we are watching a movie of our choice in History Class
>Bring home made movie made from clips of the Big Babazongo Theory
>So excited
>Get to class and see f*ggot Shrek lover
>He's wearing gay fake shrek ears
>He wants to watch Shrek 2
>Call him a f*cking c*nt
>say Shrek is drek
>Babazongo is love, Babazongo is life
>Suddenly the scent of onions fills the air
>Allstar starts playing
>A massive green figure bursts through the ceiling
>Oh f*ck
>"whots all this I hear about me bein dreck laddeh?"
>He removes his clothes, revealing a fully enshrekted 20 ft long magnum dong
>It's dripping swamp juices
>Prepare my anus for total destruction
>But wait
>I can hear something coming from outside
>Sounds like a spaceboat
>Sheldorf Coapler smashes the window with a signed copy of Ricardo Dorkino's 'The Magic Sky Fairy Delusion'
>He's completely naked with a supercollider that makes Shrek's look f*cking puny
>Sheldorf forces Shrek onto the ground
>Tears streaming down Shrek's face
>Brogre classmate looking on in horror
>"Please... help meh laddeh"
>Brogre kid doesn't even look at him
>He rips off his fake Shrek ears and smashes his copy of Shrek 2
>I hand him my homemade Big Babazongo Theory Movie
>He nods knowingly and puts the movie into the DVD player on the classroom TV
>We watch the whole movie while Sheldorf f*cks Shrek in the ass
>The movie ends
>Sheldorf yells "BABAZONGO!" and unloads a wave of Thai food from his supercollider into Shrek's destroyed boipussy
>The Thai food begins overflowing inside of Shrek
>He shreksplodes and showers us all in onion juice and Thai food
>Sheldorf approaches the Brogre
>Gives him a kitten and $20 and pats him on the head
>He beams through the hole in the ceiling to the Spaceboat Business
>Whole class cheers
>It's finally ogre
>Babazongo is love, Babazongo is life
>The ending of the words is Babazongo
Reply 2
ohhhh that teenage angst!
Original post by cieloceleste
i was wondering if someone could grade my igcse edexcel language b essay as im homeschooled i just wanted to know the level of my english. i know im not very good at it as i was never a big fan of english since small.
thanks in advacee

Pain in llife
Pain is a word that most of us hate. It's a fundamental element that we involuntarily feel. As we all know there are two main kinds of pain; emotional and physical. As the physical lasts for a short period of time unless you badly get injured, the emotional one can last for a life time.

Every human throughout history has felt pain somewhere in his life. The moment when you were crawling and stumbling to walk when you were about one, you fell and you got up with the determination and now you can walk flawlessly. I think we all remember the first time our dentist pulled out our baby tooth. Knowing it would would hurt a lot even though people around us used to say "it will only hurt a little" just to console us. Those butterflies that you felt in your stomach as the dentist got closer with his tools, and that juicy heart of yours accelerated the beat. And yes, it did hurt but those are all the pain that lasted for a maximum of three days.
How about the pain you felt when your trust had just got broken? That indeed lasted longer. That agony that you felt in your soul as your whole body paralyzed along with your brain not functioning properly as you just got a mental breakdown from the shock. I personally like to describe trust as a vase, easy to break and hard to repair and zilch makes it back to looking like the original vase.

Not knowing how to express this pain many of us just stay quiet and cry. But those tears that rushed through your eyes somehow made you feel a little better.
We shouldn't let pain hold us back from following our roads of dreams as facing obstacle is very much normal in life. I guess we should all exhale the past and inhale the future.

Great essay,definitely worthy of atleast an A grade.
(edited 6 years ago)
um did u say that sarcastically, i know im not very good at english as it is not my mother tongue language:smile:

Original post by arizonaidiot
Great essay,definitely worthy of atleast an A grade.
Original post by cieloceleste
um did u say that sarcastically, i know im not very good at english as it is not my mother tongue language:smile:

Of course not.I took the same exam and got an A this year.I'm also not a native speaker.
Original post by arizonaidiot
Of course not.I took the same exam and got an A this year.I'm also not a native speaker.

oh thank you! oh wow you got an A. are there any tips u can share with me for english lang
My native language is English and I don't think it is that good to be deserving of an A grade. There are moments where you use words that shouldn’t be used in that context. For example, you used juicy to describe a heart which was quite hilarious. There are also some words that you use incorrectly. Ultimately, this is just my opinion and I have no idea what the standard of IGCSEs is, so I cannot give you a definitive answer as to what you will receive. If I was the marker, then I would give you 3/10. This is due to it being extremely short and sounding more like a reflection rather than an essay. Just my opinion.
Original post by RenéDescartes
My native language is English and I don't think it is that good to be deserving of an A grade. There are moments where you use words that shouldn’t be used in that context. For example, you used juicy to describe a heart which was quite hilarious. There are also some words that you use incorrectly. Ultimately, this is just my opinion and I have no idea what the standard of IGCSEs is, so I cannot give you a definitive answer as to what you will receive. If I was the marker, then I would give you 3/10. This is due to it being extremely short and sounding more like a reflection rather than an essay. Just my opinion.

thank u, ill try writing a better next time!
Reply 9
Your essay is not that bad, but there are some mistakes. Have you heard about Grammarly https://www.grammarly.com, ProWritingAid https://prowritingaid.com/ or PaperCoach https://papercoach.net/?rt=86y5NKzj? These services help you edit your papers. I use them to correct my academic writing and posts on social media.
Original post by cindy.ny
Your essay is not that bad, but there are some mistakes. Have you heard about Grammarly https://www.grammarly.com, ProWritingAid https://prowritingaid.com/ or PaperCoach https://papercoach.net/?rt=86y5NKzj? These services help you edit your papers. I use them to correct my academic writing and posts on social media.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending