The Student Room Group

messages one day and then quiet

So there is this girl who i just started talking to on instagram but she is a local girl meaning my friends know her, she goes to the college near me and lives near me but ive never spoken to her before. To the point so i spoke on saturday and seemed really lively and all and she also was the first one to give compliments such as youre cute despite only talking for few hours and also sent x's and heart. However on sunday she seemed more off and was ignoring some of the messages and also the same today. Do you think its early days and i should wait a little while such as few days to message her and is this something minor or is it that she realised she doesnt wanna talk to me..
She will get back to you when she’s finished messaging the other boys most likely.
Who knows hers reasoning for why she started ignoring some of your texts. Definitely early days and based on her recent reaction to your messages I would definitely back off and wait 4-5 days before messaging her again. Who know if this will lead anywhere and as she's already seeming to back-off, no matter that she originally took the lead, if you wait and don't push it she might be more receptive or she, potentially, won't reply at all and you won't have gotten too emotionally involved. I can understand your confusion and probable frustration but don't get too attached to the idea of her just yet. Give it quite a few days and then text her. If she responds right away she is probably somewhat interested especially if she continues the texting dialogue - if she doesn't engage then just move on with your head held high.
Reply 3
Original post by Hopefully1
Who knows hers reasoning for why she started ignoring some of your texts. Definitely early days and based on her recent reaction to your messages I would definitely back off and wait 4-5 days before messaging her again. Who know if this will lead anywhere and as she's already seeming to back-off, no matter that she originally took the lead, if you wait and don't push it she might be more receptive or she, potentially, won't reply at all and you won't have gotten too emotionally involved. I can understand your confusion and probable frustration but don't get too attached to the idea of her just yet. Give it quite a few days and then text her. If she responds right away she is probably somewhat interested especially if she continues the texting dialogue - if she doesn't engage then just move on with your head held high.

Thank you but now i feel like a very bad person. I just found out she has depression and anxiety which why is she doesnt always reply in the same way. She talks only sometimes however whenever i message, she replies instantly.
Reply 4
Original post by tornbeyondreason
She will get back to you when she’s finished messaging the other boys most likely.

ouch hahaha :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you but now i feel like a very bad person. I just found out she has depression and anxiety which why is she doesnt always reply in the same way. She talks only sometimes however whenever i message, she replies instantly.

Hey that is a very good sign that she relies now when you text her!
Just go slow now that you know she's dealing w/ depression and anxiety and don't take it personally if she sometimes takes a longer period to reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending