The Student Room Group

Kpmg vs PwC

I've been offered internships in assurance with PwC and advisory with Kpmg. I'd prefer advisory over all but prefer PwC as a company. What should I choose. If I go into assurance is easy to switch over to advisory if I decide I don't like it or are there other opportunities to move departments. Also do these firms hire a lot of grads from their interns?
Advisory for sure. You can use the KPMG internship to get an advisory grad role at another big 4 but you'll have to wait 3 years in audit to be allowed a transfer.

Having interned at 3 out of the big 4 I would recommend you take the advisory role.
Reply 2
. basically the internships I've been offered are summer ones for 3 months only and I'm a second year in uni for a three year degree. Even though I think I would be more interested in advisory with kpmg I'm leaning towards assurance with pwc as I think it will be a more fun internship. I just want to know if that will be a disadvantage for me if I decide to apply for a grad role in advisory when I'm finished my degree. Or does not really matter at this stage what I do as long as I do an internship?
Original post by roseh123
. basically the internships I've been offered are summer ones for 3 months only and I'm a second year in uni for a three year degree. Even though I think I would be more interested in advisory with kpmg I'm leaning towards assurance with pwc as I think it will be a more fun internship. I just want to know if that will be a disadvantage for me if I decide to apply for a grad role in advisory when I'm finished my degree. Or does not really matter at this stage what I do as long as I do an internship?

Internships are are a stepping stone to get a full time role. Use it to think about the long term and not which is fun in the short term.

Most accounting interns are offered a full time role in the service line you applied for so think about that. You won't be at a disadvantage when applying for grad roles. Your options are

1. Do advisory at KPMG and take their grad offer
2. Do assurance and ask to join pwc advisory at the end of the internship
3. So advisory at KPMG and join advisory at another big 4

My advice is to choose a role over a firm because you can easily swap firms but you can't easily swap service lines
Reply 4
what is assurance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending