The Student Room Group

How to revise for AQA 9-1 science?

Was just wondering what people do to revise for the new 9-1 course. It doesn't matter whether you do combined, double, trilogy or whatever, everyone has a LOT of content to learn. Personally, I do triple, and I don't know how to revise it. I mean read through a revision guide and everything, but practice with what exactly...? How are you guys managing it? Thanks
I usually make posters/mind maps for certain sections of topics, combined with flashcards and general notes. For flashcards I try to use an exam style question on one side, and the answer on the other, or general definitions of key terms. Also try to do as many specimen papers as you can, over and over. Primrose Kitten has great videos on her channel, and sciencewithhazel. I do edexcel, but in terms of my revision style, I think it would apply to all exam boards. AQA has loads of resources/revision guides, more than any exam board I think! I'm jealous! Good luck though :smile:
Do flash cards, write a question on one side then the answer on the other and regularly test yourself and get someone else to test you. Also, you can watch FuseSchool YouTube clips which are excellent and recommended by my Biology teacher. Once you have learnt everything then find some specimen papers and have a go at one. Whatever you struggled with, then learn that again.
Original post by aspiring-student
I usually make posters/mind maps for certain sections of topics, combined with flashcards and general notes. For flashcards I try to use an exam style question on one side, and the answer on the other, or general definitions of key terms. Also try to do as many specimen papers as you can, over and over. Primrose Kitten has great videos on her channel, and sciencewithhazel. I do edexcel, but in terms of my revision style, I think it would apply to all exam boards. AQA has loads of resources/revision guides, more than any exam board I think! I'm jealous! Good luck though :smile:

Thank you so much! That was very helpful :smile:
Original post by u_mulla101786
Do flash cards, write a question on one side then the answer on the other and regularly test yourself and get someone else to test you. Also, you can watch FuseSchool YouTube clips which are excellent and recommended by my Biology teacher. Once you have learnt everything then find some specimen papers and have a go at one. Whatever you struggled with, then learn that again.

Thanks! I will definitely be checking out the yt channel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending