The Student Room Group

Noise complaints

One of my neighbours has been noisy past the specific time stated in the contract (10:30), and this noise can even go into 3,4, 5 am with him talking and playing music; but the landlord doesn't do jack **** about it.
(So an early night for me is pretty much impossible, even if I go to bed at 12/1 and the noise continues).

I've sent several noise complaints for the same idiot that lives next door and he doesn't seem to have changed anything about what he will do past 12 pm and the social gathering in his room doesn't seem to have been effected by whatever the landlord has told them. (Or maybe they never told anything, and my emails are just going into the junk folder).

Also the room next door has a weird problem with the shower/toilet causing the water piping/pump to make 10x more noise than a shower or toilet should when compared to my bathroom or my other neighbour.

Can I do anything about this?
I've lived here my second year of uni and have got pretty sick of the noise; so wondered whether I can do something to compensate for the issues I've had to live with whilst living here.

I know its a slim chance, but its just really pissed me off having my free time/sleeping schedule ruined by something out of my control; and nothing being done to resolve it.
Original post by midsy
One of my neighbours has been noisy past the specific time stated in the contract (10:30), and this noise can even go into 3,4, 5 am with him talking and playing music; but the landlord doesn't do jack **** about it.
(So an early night for me is pretty much impossible, even if I go to bed at 12/1 and the noise continues).

I've sent several noise complaints for the same idiot that lives next door and he doesn't seem to have changed anything about what he will do past 12 pm and the social gathering in his room doesn't seem to have been effected by whatever the landlord has told them. (Or maybe they never told anything, and my emails are just going into the junk folder).

Also the room next door has a weird problem with the shower/toilet causing the water piping/pump to make 10x more noise than a shower or toilet should when compared to my bathroom or my other neighbour.

Can I do anything about this?
I've lived here my second year of uni and have got pretty sick of the noise; so wondered whether I can do something to compensate for the issues I've had to live with whilst living here.

I know its a slim chance, but its just really pissed me off having my free time/sleeping schedule ruined by something out of my control; and nothing being done to resolve it.

If the landlord is refusing to help, then you can go through mediation or go straight to the council. https://www.gov.uk/how-to-resolve-neighbour-disputes

Keep a log of the type of noise, what time and where the noise is coming from in a diary/electronic document perhaps as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending