The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Science 9-1

I'm currently studying GCSE science and omg it is such a struggle my strongest science by far is Biology and tbh I've had to teach myself the most of all of the sciences how is evryone else finding science???
Quite tricky especially physics it doesn’t interest me so I’m finding it hard to retain the information which I’m having to teach myself because I wasn’t in classes during year 9 and half of year 10 . There is so much content and such little time. Yeah my best is biology. What did you get in your mocks ?
Original post by whateverisaround
Quite tricky especially physics it doesn’t interest me so I’m finding it hard to retain the information which I’m having to teach myself because I wasn’t in classes during year 9 and half of year 10 . There is so much content and such little time. Yeah my best is biology. What did you get in your mocks ?

I didn’t do amazing well I don’t think I did but because we have no grade boundaries currently all I have is a percentage
Biology-40%
Chemistry-44%
Physics-38%
There okay scores for my class but I’d like to get higher I took a B1 paper today and got 82% 😴😴
This question is specific to AQA GCSE Physics, Chemistry, Biology(separate sciences)

My question is wether the exam board uses the specification to make mark schemes.

For eg. if in the spec, a predator is defined to be:-

"Consumers that hunt and kill other animals are called predators"

Will it be the exact same in the mark scheme?
Original post by shashwattomar12
This question is specific to AQA GCSE Physics, Chemistry, Biology(separate sciences)

My question is wether the exam board uses the specification to make mark schemes.

For eg. if in the spec, a predator is defined to be:-

"Consumers that hunt and kill other animals are called predators"

Will it be the exact same in the mark scheme?

Yes.
Reply 5
I’m doing Edexcel but we’ve had the same issues in my school - I’m doing separate science and I got 83/100 in biology, 65/100 in physics and 60/100 in chemistry. They were among the highest marks in the year which obviously shows that they’re more difficult than anticipated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending