The Student Room Group

A Level Community Language

Hi everyone!

So basically I am doing A Levels in Chemistry, Biology, French and Panjabi. I am thinking of applying to study a degree in Chemistry and French at:

UCL
Imperial College
St Andrews
Birmingham
Surrey (just Chemistry)

I was just wondering, has anyone else done a community language to A Level (e.g. Panjabi, Bengali, Urdu, Polish, Gujrati, Arabic, Turkish etc) and has it counted in a university offer? If not, why?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by hategcses123
Hi everyone!

So basically I am doing A Levels in Chemistry, Biology, French and Panjabi. I am thinking of applying to study a degree in Chemistry and French at:

UCL
Imperial College
St Andrews
Birmingham
Surrey (just Chemistry)

I was just wondering, has anyone else done a community language to A Level (e.g. Panjabi, Bengali, Urdu, Polish, Gujrati, Arabic, Turkish etc) and has it counted in a university offer? If not, why?

Thanks! :smile:

If its a proper A level i.e CIE then in theory yes.
If its your native language and you have done the version that is meant for non native speakers they may discount it. the reason being you have an unfair advantage. Same for all native speakers.

Check the entrance requirements yourself and make an informal enquiry to make sure. You still only need 3 A levels though.

Quick Reply

Latest