The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do...

I seem to be stuck in a rut. I hate it. I'm in year 10, predicted all 7's/8's/9's and seem to be lost. Everyone thinks i'm clever but the exam results don't lie. In all the school tests recently, with the exception of about 2 subjects, I am getting 5's and 6's. I got a 6 in the business test today, perhaps my favourite subject, and only then just scraped it with 60%. History I got 70%, not sure what percent that is, but probably a 6. Science I was a couple marks off a 7, only because the grade boundaries are so low. I don't know what to do. I feel so down and depressed when I look around and everyone seems to be flying, getting 90% in this test and being 'angry' because they only got 79%. I know this sounds stupid but I hate it, when I get a test like that back I don't know what to do. I am aiming for 7's and 8's, but I just feel hopeless. I know in reality I am not doing bad and I can 'work more' but I do, and I love school. I just don't know what to do.

Appreciate responses. Thanks. X
Reply 1
I seem to be stuck in a rut. I hate it. I'm in year 10, predicted all 7's/8's/9's and seem to be lost. Everyone thinks i'm clever but the exam results don't lie. In all the school tests recently, with the exception of about 2 subjects, I am getting 5's and 6's. I got a 6 in the business test today, perhaps my favourite subject, and only then just scraped it with 60%. History I got 70%, not sure what percent that is, but probably a 6. Science I was a couple marks off a 7 (got a 6), only because the grade boundaries were so low. I don't know what to do. I feel so down and depressed when I look around and everyone seems to be flying, getting 90% in this test and being 'angry' because they only got 79%. I know this sounds stupid but I hate it, when I get a test like that back I don't know what to do. I am aiming for 7's and 8's, but I just feel hopeless. I know in reality I am not doing bad and I can 'work more' but I do, and I love school. I just don't know what to do.

Appreciate responses and suggestions. I am in Year 10. Thanks. X
I aimed for 4s and 5s and ended up getting 7s and 8s. Life is not always as it seems, just do your best and you'll do great. Study using past papers - that worked best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending