Turn on thread page Beta

I seem to be stuck in a rut. I hate it. I'm in year 10, predicted all 7's/8's/9's and seem to be lost. Everyone thinks i'm clever but the exam results don't lie. In all the school tests recently, with the exception of about 2 subjects, I am getting 5's and 6's. I got a 6 in the business test today, perhaps my favourite subject, and only then just scraped it with 60%. History I got 70%, not sure what percent that is, but probably a 6. Science I was a couple marks off a 7, only because the grade boundaries are so low. I don't know what to do. I feel so down and depressed when I look around and everyone seems to be flying, getting 90% in this test and being 'angry' because they only got 79%. I know this sounds stupid but I hate it, when I get a test like that back I don't know what to do. I am aiming for 7's and 8's, but I just feel hopeless. I know in reality I am not doing bad and I can 'work more' but I do, and I love school. I just don't know what to do.

Appreciate responses. Thanks. X

I seem to be stuck in a rut. I hate it. I'm in year 10, predicted all 7's/8's/9's and seem to be lost. Everyone thinks i'm clever but the exam results don't lie. In all the school tests recently, with the exception of about 2 subjects, I am getting 5's and 6's. I got a 6 in the business test today, perhaps my favourite subject, and only then just scraped it with 60%. History I got 70%, not sure what percent that is, but probably a 6. Science I was a couple marks off a 7 (got a 6), only because the grade boundaries were so low. I don't know what to do. I feel so down and depressed when I look around and everyone seems to be flying, getting 90% in this test and being 'angry' because they only got 79%. I know this sounds stupid but I hate it, when I get a test like that back I don't know what to do. I am aiming for 7's and 8's, but I just feel hopeless. I know in reality I am not doing bad and I can 'work more' but I do, and I love school. I just don't know what to do.

Appreciate responses and suggestions. I am in Year 10. Thanks. X

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.