The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Fenton House Accommodation

Can I have people’s views and personal experiences / opinions of Fenton House for a first year student studying at Collegiate Campus please ? X
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Audster
Can I have people’s views and personal experiences / opinions of Fenton House for a first year student studying at Collegiate Campus please ? X

Hey,

Unfortunately I've never lived there, but I've heard good things about it. Has anyone from @hallamstudents lived at/experienced Fenton House?

I do know that it's a good distance from collegiate campus, and lots of people recommend it for those studying at collegiate. You're in a great area where there are lots of cafes, restaurants and bars nearby (on Division street), and there's the lovely Devonshire Green on your doorstep. You're also close to the Moor where there are lots of shops and a cinema, and Ecclesall road which is a gorgeous area full of students, and that's where Collegiate Campus is.

I hope this was helpful and that you receive a reply about the accommodation soon!

Ellie
Reply 3
Thank you Ellie 😀
Reply 4
I currently live at Fenton House accommodation and I would say, don't live here. The security isn't that great in my opinion and since I've lived here, there's been reports of (not just in Fenton accommodation btw) people walking into accommodations and trying to get into flats. I don't know what their intention is, but usually they are following girls. This hasn't happened to me but there's been videos and people talking about it in group chats I'm in. The Fenton gate is incredibly slow so it's a million people could easily get in and just raid the place. My door is currently broken and so is a lot of other people's and maintenance doesn't even bother fixing them, even when you complain, I've complained 3 maybe 4 times and they've never bothered coming, also the block door is broken so if anyone came into the building, they can easily get into my flat which is quite scary. So I'd probably recommend elsewhere. Fenton needs to up their game a bit more. Also security themselves don't do a good job when someone reports their flatmate for smoking in the flat. Sooo, yeah have fun in your first year! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending