The Student Room Group

Not sure if a girl likes me - help?

There is a girl in my halls who I was best friends with in first term. However, towards the tailend of the first term I started developing feelings for her. I remember we were watching a scary film so I went to hug her, but then she lingered, and we ended up hugging for about 20 minutes.

Additionally I have slept in her bed 8 times since the start of university. Some of those have involved her crying into my arms about things she hasn't told anyone before, including her best of friends. Additionally, in our flat there was a particularly nasty person and seemingly everyone in the flat was siding with them over me and her, so I remember being in her bed hugging her saying 'it's only me and you against everyone else'.

One time last week was when her gay best friend from back home came up to stay. We went into her room after a night out, and I managed to sleep in her bed (while she wasn't letting him sleep in her bed) and he slept in my bed.

Additionally, one time when I was in a bed with her and another girl, her in the middle and myself on the side, I lifted my arm up to stretch and she quickly put her head on my chest and started resting on it.

We got off about a month ago, and afterwards she was saying stuff like 'when I first met you I thought ooooh hello but then you kept saying that we were friends' and then when we went into the club she blurted it out immediately to all of her friends. I spent the rest of her night with my arm around her, and her arm around me, and i was holding her hand the entire way back to halls as well.

Also I spoke to another girl in halls and apparently everyone who knew us assumed that we were just going to 'get off at some point' this term because of the chemistry or flirting between us.

Also the other day I was lying with my head on her lap looking up at her in the kitchen while she put peas in my hair.

Do you guys think she likes me? I'm scared to ask, given that she's my best friend, I'm living with her next year and I don't want to ruin our friendship.
Original post by botsimon
There is a girl in my halls who I was best friends with in first term. However, towards the tailend of the first term I started developing feelings for her. I remember we were watching a scary film so I went to hug her, but then she lingered, and we ended up hugging for about 20 minutes.

Additionally I have slept in her bed 8 times since the start of university. Some of those have involved her crying into my arms about things she hasn't told anyone before, including her best of friends. Additionally, in our flat there was a particularly nasty person and seemingly everyone in the flat was siding with them over me and her, so I remember being in her bed hugging her saying 'it's only me and you against everyone else'.

One time last week was when her gay best friend from back home came up to stay. We went into her room after a night out, and I managed to sleep in her bed (while she wasn't letting him sleep in her bed) and he slept in my bed.

Additionally, one time when I was in a bed with her and another girl, her in the middle and myself on the side, I lifted my arm up to stretch and she quickly put her head on my chest and started resting on it.

We got off about a month ago, and afterwards she was saying stuff like 'when I first met you I thought ooooh hello but then you kept saying that we were friends' and then when we went into the club she blurted it out immediately to all of her friends. I spent the rest of her night with my arm around her, and her arm around me, and i was holding her hand the entire way back to halls as well.

Also I spoke to another girl in halls and apparently everyone who knew us assumed that we were just going to 'get off at some point' this term because of the chemistry or flirting between us.

Also the other day I was lying with my head on her lap looking up at her in the kitchen while she put peas in my hair.

Do you guys think she likes me? I'm scared to ask, given that she's my best friend, I'm living with her next year and I don't want to ruin our friendship.

It seems to be more than a normal friendship by the sound of it she probably likes you because she seems extremely comfortable with you. I say you should ask!
Reply 2
Original post by PavvDhillon
It seems to be more than a normal friendship by the sound of it she probably likes you because she seems extremely comfortable with you. I say you should ask!

Aight sound mate cheers.

How do I ask her though? We're taking MDMA this week so I could ask her then. Or when drunk. Or should I just come into her room at some point and tell her?
Reply 3
Original post by botsimon
Aight sound mate cheers.

How do I ask her though? We're taking MDMA this week so I could ask her then. Or when drunk. Or should I just come into her room at some point and tell her?

BRO she 100% likes you... Sleeping in someone's bed with them shows incredible intimacy and she is very comfortable with you! Do you want a relationship with her?
Reply 4
You need to ask her out before she changes her mind lol. Even if she said no while it's awkward it's not the end of the world by the sounds she's very close and will always want you around.
it's a love story, baby just say yess
Original post by Hazzz01
it's a love story, baby just say yess

3 years ago........
Original post by CaptainDuckie
3 years ago........

fml :h:
Original post by Hazzz01
fml :h:

:h:
Reply 9
Original post by CaptainDuckie