The Student Room Group

How can I boost my Oxford application for English?

I will be applying to study English with enrolment 2019. By the time of entry, I'll be 21 meaning I will be a mature student. I already have 3 A Levels at A*AB but I am taking two further a levels this year, hoping to achieve grade A's in both. I also have 4 A*, 9 A and a B at GCSE.

As I'm only taking two A Levels this year, I may have a bit of free time and so I am thinking of picking up some voluntary work. My question is: would the Oxford professors really care if I were to volunteer at the local newspaper for a short while, or something similar? Or perhaps my time would be better spent simply doing further self study?

Thanks!
Original post by ptointon
I will be applying to study English with enrolment 2019. By the time of entry, I'll be 21 meaning I will be a mature student. I already have 3 A Levels at A*AB but I am taking two further a levels this year, hoping to achieve grade A's in both. I also have 4 A*, 9 A and a B at GCSE.

As I'm only taking two A Levels this year, I may have a bit of free time and so I am thinking of picking up some voluntary work. My question is: would the Oxford professors really care if I were to volunteer at the local newspaper for a short while, or something similar? Or perhaps my time would be better spent simply doing further self study?

Thanks!

Further self study (including lots of wider reading etc...) coupled with industry experience (in journalism/related fields) may prove to be the best combination.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending