The Student Room Group

How do you confirm you’re officially in a relationship?

I never have had a relationship so Idk but lets say -

1) You have a few dates

2) Things start to escalate and you sleep with each other

Like then what, how do you make it official that you’re defo in a true serious relationship? Do you just say “hey can we officially be boyfriend and girlfriend now?” Or “hey lets be in a proper committed relationship?” Idk??
Reply 1
It's better to confirm where you both stand, just in case they don't feel ready to commit to a relationship.

It's as simple as asking "do you want to be my girlfriend/boyfriend?". Of course don't randomly say it out of the blue, you could do it while cuddling and having a conversation for example.
i don’t think sleeping together means you’re in a true relationship, i slept with a guy after the first and second date lmao, 2 weeks later he told me we should just be friends, it’s better to just talk about it rather than guessing.
Talk with him and just say, so do you want to date exclusively? Though it's weird for me because a guy would be the one to ask you, do you want to be my gf/bf? But yeah see where you stand with him and where he stands with you and you'll get your answer.He may want to go on more dates before making it official.
My boyfriend and I didn't 'define' our relationship until 6 or 7 months in - despite living together for 2 months within that. It's weird asking I would just go with the flow.
Write a legally binding document entitling you to compensation in the event of positional misunderstanding.
Reply 6
Have the town crier announce it.
Change your Facebook status to "In a relationship".
go on track on ucas
There's two types of succ that a man recieves, if the succ is about the end goal being the explosion, it's for fun.

But.

When the succ becomes more than just a succ, when you as a man can feel the intensity and passion down there, when her love for you has grew to a point where her mouth has gained some sort of ability to signal to you that she loves you, that's when you're in a relationship.

After all...

"Thou must wander why 'art inviles thy self in such deed, for if deed lasts much of the sun's collapse, answer us 'for thy God's gift of love."
- Tony Blair, when ordering a Big Mac from McDonald just shortly after winning the 1997 General Election in 2017.
Reply 10
I would say that, if you really want a serious relationship, or like you said "a confirm relationship", then you should have a proper direction, as a start maybe a ring or get engaged then you both are going to directly to marriage phase.

Nothing more a good true relationship when you are heading to start a family, and by having kids it could bind your relationship to the next level
Stop putting labels on stuff like relationships.

Your relationship is what it is. Who cares if it's official or not? Just enjoy it for what it is.

Also putting the "official" tag on your friendship / love of this person implies there might be a change of mentality - for the worse.

Think of your relationship as unofficial forever. IE you're still in the honeymoon, trying to impress / woo her forever. That you're not taking her for granted. That you're not trying to control her. Keep relationships as fresh and exciting as you can.
pay the membership fee and you're official
Surely though there’s gotta be a point where you have to make it official to one another you’re in a relationship? Because if you carry on and every now and then get together/date/hookup one person in the ‘relationship’ may see it still as a friendship so surely it’s wise to drop a question in like “so you reckon we’re boyfriend and girlfriend”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending