The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Further Maths (New Spec) - Mechanics Discussion

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
FM1 and FM2 anyone?
i doubt much people r doing this mechanics since it requires u to know A2 integration
Original post by RickHendricks
i doubt much people r doing this mechanics since it requires u to know A2 integration

We're doing FM1... Although we haven't actually started it yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14

Posted from TSR Mobile

wait

paper 2 FM for me (mechanics) has both fm mechanics 1 and 2 in it. It's a mix of both. :/
wait

paper 2 FM for me (mechanics) has both fm mechanics 1 and 2 in it. It's a mix of both. :/

From memory that's paper 2J. We're doing 2E so that's only got the FM1 part of it :smile:
You're definitely right in that there won't be loads of people doing FM1 and FM2 though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14

Posted from TSR Mobile

how though
Original post by omar10000000
how though

They didn't schedule to start it until after Easter... We've done 1/10 lessons on it, scheduled to finish in 3 weeks (so a week before the exam)

Posted from TSR Mobile
ed
Original post by Lemur14
They didn't schedule to start it until after Easter... We've done 1/10 lessons on it, scheduled to finish in 3 weeks (so a week before the exam)
we got our fm1 books at Christmas and finished all the content

Posted from TSR Mobile
ed

I wish...our school have plodded through doing every exercise on every topic...we didn't even start single mechanics until nearly the end of February :redface:
Original post by Lemur14
I wish...our school have plodded through doing every exercise on every topic...we didn't even start single mechanics until nearly the end of February :redface:

are you doing AS exams
are you doing AS exams

Yep, we're doing them in both maths and further maths :smile: Not our other subjects though :lol:
wait

Sorry, just read this now :tongue:
We're doing the same modules :five: so I was just wondering if you have any resources for FM2 specifically because I don't particularly think the old spec books focus enough on problem solving (plus I don't really like them :s-smilie:)
It's annoying because websites like Crash Maths and Madas Maths don't have papers for FM2 and there's literally one specimen paper we can use. It's okay for FM1 cos we can use the ones from other modules like 2E but it's really annoying for FM2. :argh:
Original post by nyxnko_
Sorry, just read this now :tongue:
We're doing the same modules :five: so I was just wondering if you have any resources for FM2 specifically because I don't particularly think the old spec books focus enough on problem solving (plus I don't really like them :s-smilie:)
It's annoying because websites like Crash Maths and Madas Maths don't have papers for FM2 and there's literally one specimen paper we can use. It's okay for FM1 cos we can use the ones from other modules like 2E but it's really annoying for FM2. :argh:

I can get you the worksheets given by the Exam board, and all the other worksheets for it.

Theres also an exam board provided specimen paper for it, which I'm not sure whether you've got it yet.
I can get you the worksheets given by the Exam board, and all the other worksheets for it.

Theres also an exam board provided specimen paper for it, which I'm not sure whether you've got it yet.

OMG if you could, that would be fab!! Thank you so much! :hugs:
I've done the one that's been on the website for ages but the new specimen is going to be used as a mock some time this week, I think.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nyxnko_
OMG if you could, that would be fab!! Thank you so much! :hugs:
I've done the one that's been on the website for ages but the new specimen is going to be used as a mock some time this week, I think.

How should I put it up?

I've got all the resources for CP1, FM1 and FM2 (Variable acceleration has bad quality)
How should I put it up?

I've got all the resources for CP1, FM1 and FM2 (Variable acceleration has bad quality)

Ermm... do you have a google drive/dropbox URL? Thank you!!
dont you lot have the edexcel prescribed books for fm1 and fm2?
Original post by nyxnko_
Ermm... do you have a google drive/dropbox URL? Thank you!!

@Lemur14

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DOme2bc1bxVHlAatgr0139up3VYhqG7r?usp=sharing

It's got resources for CP1, FM1 and FM2.

The FM2 constant acceleration worksheet was only recently released, and unfortunately I only got the paper version... which I drew all over it, so I'll try and type it out when I get the chance.
x

Those practise topic papers are what our teacher gave us...I can't believe that my teacher said she'd made them :redface: It's weird how there's some topics missing though if Edexcel made them...like what's wrong with roots of equations :confused: Also how was question 4 on the collisions one related to collisions lol
Thanks for sharing :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending