The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Whoop
Reply 2
in
cud we find solutions to pastpapers somewhere?
Reply 4
Scared as hell since I desperately need an A* :frown:
Reply 5
Around the 270/300 A*, 240/300 A mark
Perhaps a bit less, but that's what you should be aiming for
Anyone got access to the 2018 specimen paper just released? Thanks in advance
Original post by have
Around the 270/300 A*, 240/300 A mark
Perhaps a bit less, but that's what you should be aiming for

How can you justify that?
Reply 8
Original post by RedGiant
How can you justify that?

I don't ****ing know. It's a prediction based on old spec grade boundaries. I haven't spent 10 hours researching it.
Original post by have
I don't ****ing know. It's a prediction based on old spec grade boundaries. I haven't spent 10 hours researching it.

Exactly, so it's nothing more than a random guess. And the old spec grade boundaries were (or still are, for this year) 480/600 UMS (80%), with 180 UMS from C3 and C4, not 90%. Also, ofqual have stated they will award differently to the other A Level maths spec, for this cohort.
Reply 10
Original post by RedGiant
Exactly, so it's nothing more than a random guess. And the old spec grade boundaries were (or still are, for this year) 480/600 UMS (80%), with 180 UMS from C3 and C4, not 90%. Also, ofqual have stated they will award differently to the other A Level maths spec, for this cohort.

Donny asked for a prediction, I gave him one. Give him a better one if you want. None of us actually know what the grade boundaries will be.

Very few people would get 90% in C3, C4 average and not get 90% in C1/C2.
Original post by have
None of us actually know what the grade boundaries will be.

Very few people would get 90% in C3, C4 average and not get 90% in C1/C2.

Correct, and I am saying that I doubt that it will be 90% overall. As I said, the grade boundaries from the old spec, were not as high as that. But we'll have to see, won't we.
Ofqual have posted about new spec A Level maths:
https://ofqual.blog.gov.uk/2018/03/16/setting-standards-in-the-new-a-level-maths-qualifications/

I'd probably say the opposite tbh, which stuff do you find hard?
Yeah I hate proofs, although I can do the "prove the number of primes is infinite" and "prove root 2/3 is irrational" as they're the important ones. And yeah I agree I suspect there will be a lot of modelling questions. I'm just doing loads of edexcel C34/C4/C3 papers. My fellow candidates are generally good, not super mathmos though, getting maybe like 70%-90% (although I don't know really).
(edited 5 years ago)
******** me self . The day is getting closer
Original post by HelloImCool
******** me self . The day is getting closer

What are your peers like?
Average grade in my class is a B. Everyone is fairly good.
Academically , everyone is fairly good. Grade B average
but they're locked, i.e you need a password.
The Sample Assessment Materials and the specimen papers are not the same thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending