The Student Room Group

(Guys) how would you like to be rejected?

Normally I'm able to do it and there isn't too much of an issue because chances are I won't see them again anyway. But today I'm finding it really difficult.
The guy is someone I met through a mutual friend on a night out and we didn't even really talk to each other, just danced a bit together and then he asked for my number. I gave it to him because we were in a group and I didn't want to be awkward and reject him in front of his mates. He later texted me asking if I wanted to go for a drink when we're back from Easter holidays.
I'm firstly not attracted to him and I'm also not looking to date anyone (unless I see a future with them) but he's only asking for a drink, not a relationship. I also can't really use the 'just see you as a friend' because I don't even know him enough to say that. I see him on most nights out and he's quite close to our mutual friend so they chat.
What's the best thing to say in this situation?
Just be really busy, permanently.

But women need to all agree on a protocol for when someone hits on them. They need to all agree on IMMEDIATE rejection. It only works if EVERY girl on Earth agrees to this protocol. That way if I try to talk to someone and they don't immediately shut me down I know they like me and don't have to feel insecure, which would boost my performance dramatically.
Reply 2
Original post by RockyDennis
Just be really busy, permanently.

But women need to all agree on a protocol for when someone hits on them. They need to all agree on IMMEDIATE rejection. It only works if EVERY girl on Earth agrees to this protocol. That way if I try to talk to someone and they don't immediately shut me down I know they like me and don't have to feel insecure, which would boost my performance dramatically.

Yeah when someone who I haven't been in conversation with just asks for my number and I'm not interested I will normally reject them there and then. But I wasn't really thinking at the time and it didn't seem like it would go anywhere, plus we were dancing in a small circle and I didn't want to shut him down in front of everyone.
I actually am quite busy with uni work and stuff but I don't really want to string him along and just use the busy excuse. I also don't want to engage in any more text conversations leading up to the proposed date.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah when someone who I haven't been in conversation with just asks for my number and I'm not interested I will normally reject them there and then. But I wasn't really thinking at the time and it didn't seem like it would go anywhere, plus we were dancing in a small circle and I didn't want to shut him down in front of everyone.
I actually am quite busy with uni work and stuff but I don't really want to string him along and just use the busy excuse. I also don't want to engage in any more text conversations leading up to the proposed date.

Well, "I'll let you know..." is code for I'll never date you ever.

Lmfao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending