The Student Room Group

Summer schools -

im in year 12 looking for a medical school that could increase my chances of getting into medicine such as summer school or any programme that is run by a university eg. summer schools or recognised by a university. I live in the west midlands so maybe a uni that is close. I have been looking at summer school but the deadlines have passed.
I need your help.
summer schools wont increase your chance of getting into medicine. In terms of your application its just something to put on your ps.
It can decrease your entry requirements tho
Original post by Ebenezer1020
It can decrease your entry requirements tho

Only with people who are highly eligible. Anyway, its too late now, don't worry about it.
Reply 4
There was stuff like Next Step York, Leeds Uni's Reach For Excellence, and a few Sutton Trust Summer Schools, but as far as I know it's too late to apply.

Newcastle's PARTNERS program will be open for applications later on, but I don't think the summer school is for this year, if you're in Y12. Again, they're only open if you meet certain eligibility criteria.
Reply 5
Original post by Ebenezer1020
im in year 12 looking for a medical school that could increase my chances of getting into medicine such as summer school or any programme that is run by a university eg. summer schools or recognised by a university. I live in the west midlands so maybe a uni that is close. I have been looking at summer school but the deadlines have passed.
I need your help.

It’s a bit late for a summer school probably but I’m at University of Birmingham med school and I know there’s an access program? If you’re eligible for that you could try that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending