The Student Room Group

I forgot how to revise... (Year 12 Help!!!)

Well I pretty much confused on how to revise for my subjects. Especially more wordy subjects such as Geography (AQA) and Computer Science (New Spec OCR) and a little bit for Maths (Edexcel). I have retakes for Maths and Computer Science in exactly 2 weeks from today since I got a U and an E in both of them. I really don't know what I'm going to do with my life which is severely affecting my motivation and mindset to learning.

I have just forgotten how to revise for all my subjects. I know I am a Visual and maybe partly a kinetics learner. I just need some help on how to revise.

Thank You.
Seeing as you're saying visual, I would recommend mind maps. Start with a topic in the middle, split it out into sections, and key words, and just keep building out with more detail until you've covered the whole thing. I would also recommend, regardless of your learning style, doing plenty of past papers on your subjects. Practise is most important.
Original post by StevetheIcecube
Seeing as you're saying visual, I would recommend mind maps. Start with a topic in the middle, split it out into sections, and key words, and just keep building out with more detail until you've covered the whole thing. I would also recommend, regardless of your learning style, doing plenty of past papers on your subjects. Practise is most important.

Yo Boss, I know about the past papers but most of my subjects are new spec hence there are a lack of past papers...
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Well I pretty much confused on how to revise for my subjects. Especially more wordy subjects such as Geography (AQA) and Computer Science (New Spec OCR) and a little bit for Maths (Edexcel). I have retakes for Maths and Computer Science in exactly 2 weeks from today since I got a U and an E in both of them. I really don't know what I'm going to do with my life which is severely affecting my motivation and mindset to learning.

I have just forgotten how to revise for all my subjects. I know I am a Visual and maybe partly a kinetics learner. I just need some help on how to revise.

Thank You.

Get a boyfriend to help you:smile:
Original post by HettiBetti
Get a boyfriend to help you:smile:

I'm not gay...
Yo Boss, I know about the past papers but most of my subjects are new spec hence there are a lack of past papers...

Old past papers might still help, if you can find any (but oh god I know I can't find any for the new history spec)? Other options are the sample assessment paper that should be available online now as well as, if you're looking at the A2 stuff, you could take a look at questions on the AS - they'll be along the same lines as the A2 stuff.
I'm not gay...

I am
Original post by StevetheIcecube
Old past papers might still help, if you can find any (but oh god I know I can't find any for the new history spec)? Other options are the sample assessment paper that should be available online now as well as, if you're looking at the A2 stuff, you could take a look at questions on the AS - they'll be along the same lines as the A2 stuff.

that is a start but I will need A LOT of practice in the Long term. Right now I will aim to get up to a BBB from a UEEE... then fate will decide the rest.
I am

Good for you boss. I'm just tryna pass here
Good for you boss. I'm just tryna pass here

I'm not gay...

What do you like most about men????
What do you like most about men????

I don't like men as sexual partners so please stop.
I don't like men as sexual partners so please stop.

I don't either...I LOVE them as sexual partners and I am 16!!!
I don't either...I LOVE them as sexual partners and I am 16!!!

piss off
piss off

oooo you wan to hook up with me..ok...I love the thing where piss comes out of!!!:smile:
My guy . Im here to find out revision tips not to mess around with idiots like u

Quick Reply

Latest