The Student Room Group

Did not receive emails from UoEdinburgh

Hi,

I applied solely for CS at the University of Edinburgh this January, but heard absolutely nothing from them until UCAS told me I was unsuccessful. UoE had sent a request for transcripts, which I hadn't seen.

I'm still not sure if this was due to (1) my spam filter, or (2) something out my control. If (1) it was deleted after 30 days. Although if I should have received emails for every message on their system, I would be certain it was not (1). I have not asked about this yet though.

Student Systems Support wrote this:

‘…an email was sent on 30th Jan asking Johannes to check his EUCLID intray. However, the email address used was '<redacted>' - there is an ongoing issue with apple email accounts blocking the University's automatically generated emails. IS have looked into this but I'm unaware if a resolution has yet been found.’

As a last resort I'm asking here if there is anything I can do.

Thanks for any advice,
Johannes
Original post by anviking
Hi,

I applied solely for CS at the University of Edinburgh this January, but heard absolutely nothing from them until UCAS told me I was unsuccessful. UoE had sent a request for transcripts, which I hadn't seen.

I'm still not sure if this was due to (1) my spam filter, or (2) something out my control. If (1) it was deleted after 30 days. Although if I should have received emails for every message on their system, I would be certain it was not (1). I have not asked about this yet though.

Student Systems Support wrote this:

‘…an email was sent on 30th Jan asking Johannes to check his EUCLID intray. However, the email address used was '<redacted>' - there is an ongoing issue with apple email accounts blocking the University's automatically generated emails. IS have looked into this but I'm unaware if a resolution has yet been found.’

As a last resort I'm asking here if there is anything I can do.

Thanks for any advice,
Johannes

You need to ask Edinburgh this. Find out whether they will reconsider you if you submit your transcripts now given the known problem with emails.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending