The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing (Help!)

Hello there!
I am not emotionally happy with my choices and I have already have an offer from two. I want to be happy and excited but for some reason i am not. Initially, I wanted to go to Hertfordshire but as they rejected me i am now left with two choices and with those choices i am feeling a bit indifferent towards them. I do not know what to do or what the best course of action is.
Kind Regards.
Original post by S.Jama
Hello there!
I am not emotionally happy with my choices and I have already have an offer from two. I want to be happy and excited but for some reason i am not. Initially, I wanted to go to Hertfordshire but as they rejected me i am now left with two choices and with those choices i am feeling a bit indifferent towards them. I do not know what to do or what the best course of action is.
Kind Regards.

did you get feedback after the rejection? nursing can be competitive to get in to so it's up to you whether you want to risk reapplying
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
did you get feedback after the rejection? nursing can be competitive to get in to so it's up to you whether you want to risk reapplying

Hi
Yes I did manage to get a feedback from them and they said that I did not show the qualities of being a nurse. I don't want to risk reapplyjng but I also don't want to go to a place where my heart is not at. I feel envious when I come across other people who get offers from their dream university. Is there anything I can do?
It may not seem like you're dream uni now, but many people who get rejected from their dream uni end up being much happier and glad that they did as they really like their current uni. Of course, on the contrary, some people are the complete opposite.
Do you feel it would be beneficial for yourself to take a year out and reapply?
Original post by S.Jama
Hi
Yes I did manage to get a feedback from them and they said that I did not show the qualities of being a nurse. I don't want to risk reapplyjng but I also don't want to go to a place where my heart is not at. I feel envious when I come across other people who get offers from their dream university. Is there anything I can do?

You have to decide whether you re willing to not go to that university when you could be a nurse if you go to one of the others.
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
You have to decide whether you re willing to not go to that university when you could be a nurse if you go to one of the others.

Sorry I did not understand this, can you repeat this again.
Reply 6
Original post by AzureCeleste
It may not seem like you're dream uni now, but many people who get rejected from their dream uni end up being much happier and glad that they did as they really like their current uni. Of course, on the contrary, some people are the complete opposite.
Do you feel it would be beneficial for yourself to take a year out and reapply?

I understand that but how do I deal with feeling envious about others? I hate to struggle like this. I already took a gap year when I was 17 so I really do not want to take a gap year so I'm just looking for ways to keep going and staying positive.
Original post by S.Jama
I understand that but how do I deal with feeling envious about others? I hate to struggle like this. I already took a gap year when I was 17 so I really do not want to take a gap year so I'm just looking for ways to keep going and staying positive.

Ah right.
You'll manage to deal with the envy, at first it is really frustrating but you'll get over it.
If you do choose one of the other unis, full immerse yourself in the social life and get to know people. Have a good time, soon you won't regret not going to your dream uni.
Reply 8
Original post by AzureCeleste
Ah right.
You'll manage to deal with the envy, at first it is really frustrating but you'll get over it.
If you do choose one of the other unis, full immerse yourself in the social life and get to know people. Have a good time, soon you won't regret not going to your dream uni.

How do I actually manage with the envy?
Original post by S.Jama
How do I actually manage with the envy?

Ive just learnt to accept it and be happy for what I have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending