The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Best places to live in brighton, near US?

I will be moving to England this September with my dad to attend the University of Sussex for 3 years. Since I have never been there, I have had some few enquires and questions to ask;
1)what are some of the good places to live in, that is near US and near the centre?
2)what are the safe areas in Brighton and areas that do not have lots of pubs
3)is the hove a safe place to live in?
4) also, what are the areas closest to bus number 25?

thank you!
Original post by DALNOAIMI
I will be moving to England this September with my dad to attend the University of Sussex for 3 years. Since I have never been there, I have had some few enquires and questions to ask;
1)what are some of the good places to live in, that is near US and near the centre?

thank you!

Check out the uni accommodation and SU webpages.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by DALNOAIMI

thank you!

1) Most students tend to live in Bevendean, Hollingdean, Moulsecoomb or Queens Park area. I have listed them in order of which area is closest to the Uni, with Bevendean being the closest.
2) Safest areas will be Hove, Withdean, Westdene and possibly Kemptown. Although none of those are very close to the Uni. Brighton is heaving with pubs, there are over 400 here. The further away from town and the main Lewes Road you go, the less pubs there will be.
3) Hove is nice, but very far from the Uni. it could take you up to an hour to get to uni on the 25 bus.
4) The 25 bus goes from Palmeira square in Hove to the Uni. It travels down the B2066 (Western Road), then the A23, then A270 (lewes Road) all the way up to the University. The areas on that route are a small part of Hove, Moulsecoomb, Coldean and Bevendean.

I was at Sussex for 4 years, so I know the area very well.
(edited 5 years ago)
coldean lane area is great if you want to get to uni quickly. Only takes a few minutes so you can get those extra few minutes of sleep. Depending on where in that area you live in there is a 5B bus that goes to uni in the morning around 8-9am and then around 4-5pm. It’s great because it’s the only bus to uni that doesn’t get crowded in the mornings, the others ones do, usually in the first half of the semester though (im guessing people give up going to lectures later on in the semester). It’s a bit further away from town though but the bus to it only takes around 15-20 mins tbh. The area does seem a bit dodgy but honestly i’ve had no problems so far, and there’s not any pubs around that i’m aware of

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending