The Student Room Group

any jobs for 14 yo in south east england

there aren't any paper rounds in my area nd no baby or pet sitting jobs available
Original post by florencearnold
there aren't any paper rounds in my area nd no baby or pet sitting jobs available

No official employer is going to employ a 14 year old, the rules are too prohibitive to make it worth while. You will have to stick at asking for these sort of roles around your local area and through word of mouth. Lawn mowing and gardening jobs will pick up now, as will car washing. People always need baby-sitters, so keep asking. People go on holiday and prefer to have pets looked after at home and walked, rather than kennels, so keep asking.
Original post by threeportdrift
No official employer is going to employ a 14 year old, the rules are too prohibitive to make it worth while. You will have to stick at asking for these sort of roles around your local area and through word of mouth. Lawn mowing and gardening jobs will pick up now, as will car washing. People always need baby-sitters, so keep asking. People go on holiday and prefer to have pets looked after at home and walked, rather than kennels, so keep asking.

Original post by florencearnold

Like has been said before, no official employer is going to take you on a) because of all the laws surrounding employing under 16's and b) you dont have a national insurance number.
If you carry on looking, there may probably is paper rounds out there.And things like gardening, babysitting, dog walking etc are mainly got through word of mouth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending