The Student Room Group

Mirror Vs Picture Accuracy

Now, I can't quite tell how bad looking/good looking I am. I ain't posting pics because that kind of part of the problem. I'll explain:
Option 1: I look at myself in the mirror. I think I look good, fairly attractive with no reason as to why I should be off-putting to the opposite sex
Option 2: Selfies: I think I look decent-attractive depending on the selfie. Tbh I'm happy with the way I look in a selfie
Option 3: Someone taking a picture of you. I ****ing hate looking at myself in this instance, it's so offputting and I think I'm ugly

My friends (whom in my opinion are attractive) have expressed similar feelings. They too hate photos of themselves etc. Just wondering which one is scientifically more accurate and if there is much difference at all.

Now I don't know which one is most accurate. I can't really understand how people perceive me which is really annoying. I'm not too overly fussed, but when it comes to looking for a girl I at least want to aim for someone who would be willing to invest in me!!
I watched a video on this topic on youtube. It said picture is more accurate for stated reasons. But I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 2
It's all so confusing.

Despite the science, when I look at pics of my friends taken by another person (actual photo) then a selfie/mirror of them, they look exactly the same. When I do it to myself, I see two different people: Handsome and Ugly. (Not being egotistical, just noting a signicant difference in which my brain prefers)

Original post by simple123site
I watched a video on this topic on youtube. It said picture is more accurate for stated reasons. But I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 3
You know what I hate? Those changing rooms with the mirrors positioned so you can see yourself at all angles. I look so weird from the side and back
Reply 4
Well then... **** em
Reply 5
Original post by Sataris
Well then... **** em

UUUH **** em

Ok I have my hair parted to the left. However Im mucking around now and tbh, I look a lot better parting it to the right in terms of taking a photo from the rear camera, but sexier in the mirror having it parted to the left. **** I don't know what to do, my life is a lie.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
UUUH **** em

Ok I have my hair parted to the left. However Im mucking around now and tbh, I look a lot better parting it to the right in terms of taking a photo from the rear camera, but sexier in the mirror having it parted to the left. **** I don't know what to do, my life is a lie.

This is why we'd be much better off poking out our eyes and living as blind hermits
Reply 7
Well I'm going to add more fuel to the experiment.

I took a video of myself from the rear camera. Safe to say I look a lot better than a 2D image. WOW my mind has been ****ed.

I'm not necessairly concerned over my looks. What I'm born with is what I'm born with. Nothing can change that and that's fine. What I am concerned about is trying to get the best possible image of what others would perceive of me so i can at least improve myself with the features I got.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending