The Student Room Group

Degree in Veterinary Nursing BSc

Dear miss/madam

Im an EU citizen living and working in the UK since 2014. I hold a conditional offer to study Veterinary Nursing and Bioveterinary Science at Bristol University. I called student finance last year before even considering to apply to universities/colleges and they said I was eligible to apply for a Student loan as a migrant worker. Once with my offer I went online to check about this loan and found out that students with second degree do not get any funding. I remember I mentioned when I called last year that I hold a degree already but from a non-UK/non-EU university.

I wonder if I am still eligible for the student loan? Does it make any difference being under a low income household? I am a single independent (30y) and earn less than 15k a year.

Kind regards and many thanks.
Original post by Patsrc
Dear miss/madam

Im an EU citizen living and working in the UK since 2014. I hold a conditional offer to study Veterinary Nursing and Bioveterinary Science at Bristol University. I called student finance last year before even considering to apply to universities/colleges and they said I was eligible to apply for a Student loan as a migrant worker. Once with my offer I went online to check about this loan and found out that students with second degree do not get any funding. I remember I mentioned when I called last year that I hold a degree already but from a non-UK/non-EU university.

I wonder if I am still eligible for the student loan? Does it make any difference being under a low income household? I am a single independent (30y) and earn less than 15k a year.

Kind regards and many thanks.

Hi Patsrc,

This course is an exception course, which means that you can apply for funding, to apply as a migrant worker, you will need to complete a PN1 application form and evidence.

PN1 - https://bit.ly/2H8DT5g

The students original Passport or National ID Card

Croatian Nationals Only - Migrant Worker’s Permit (yellow/blue or purple card)

A copy of the students contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. We will also need a letter from the employer confirming the contract accurately represents the hours and terms of which the student works if this is not confirmed on their contract of employment or if the student is on a zero hour contract. This letter needs to be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the students employment status with their employer)

The students last 3 months payslips (if available)

The students most recent P60 (if available)

Students who own their own company and are director but are getting paid wages need to send in the employment evidence listed above along with confirmation of self employment or a letter from HMRC confirming the company is registered in the students name

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Patsrc,

This course is an exception course, which means that you can apply for funding, to apply as a migrant worker, you will need to complete a PN1 application form and evidence.

PN1 - https://bit.ly/2H8DT5g

The students original Passport or National ID Card

Croatian Nationals Only - Migrant Worker’s Permit (yellow/blue or purple card)

A copy of the students contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. We will also need a letter from the employer confirming the contract accurately represents the hours and terms of which the student works if this is not confirmed on their contract of employment or if the student is on a zero hour contract. This letter needs to be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the students employment status with their employer)

The students last 3 months payslips (if available)

The students most recent P60 (if available)

Students who own their own company and are director but are getting paid wages need to send in the employment evidence listed above along with confirmation of self employment or a letter from HMRC confirming the company is registered in the students name

Thanks

Catherine

This is great news! Thank you VERY much Catherine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending