The Student Room Group

Should I carry on with physics?

Ngl I actually enjoy learning physics, not my most fav subject, but its very interesting! However, we had mocks before holidays and I got a U, so now I need to re-sit. My teacher told me that I was on a stable C throughout the year and that this U was quite a surprise for her(me too tbh hoped for at least an D in the mock).
I don't think I'll be able to pass it this time either, I just have a problem with waffling and just the question structure itself ;^;
I'm in yr 12 doing 4 subjects; Math, Further Math, Computer Science and Physics. Passed everything except physics.
So, going back to the question, should I carry on with it even though I can't even pass the AS part? (I wanna do cyber security/computer science at uni)
Don’t put yourself through it. If you don’t enjoy learning it you should have dropped it in under a month, saved yourself some time and all. If you don’t enjoy it, you won’t learn it as well. So I’d drop it and focus on your other subjects. Frees up more time as well (I dropped maths for similar)
Reply 2
Original post by LadyEcliptic
Don’t put yourself through it. If you don’t enjoy learning it you should have dropped it in under a month, saved yourself some time and all. If you don’t enjoy it, you won’t learn it as well. So I’d drop it and focus on your other subjects. Frees up more time as well (I dropped maths for similar)

The problem is that I actually DO enjoy it(except the exam part) :'D That's why I'm sorta having hard time deciding on dropping it or not..
Reply 3
Original post by Toriel
Ngl I actually enjoy learning physics, not my most fav subject, but its very interesting! However, we had mocks before holidays and I got a U, so now I need to re-sit. My teacher told me that I was on a stable C throughout the year and that this U was quite a surprise for her(me too tbh hoped for at least an D in the mock).
I don't think I'll be able to pass it this time either, I just have a problem with waffling and just the question structure itself ;^;
I'm in yr 12 doing 4 subjects; Math, Further Math, Computer Science and Physics. Passed everything except physics.
So, going back to the question, should I carry on with it even though I can't even pass the AS part? (I wanna do cyber security/computer science at uni)

If you’re at a stable C, then carry on with it because it was only 1 mock. If you carry on getting U’s then drop it.
Don't let it physically stress U.
Maybe you'll C the right decision soon enough.
Original post by Toriel
The problem is that I actually DO enjoy it(except the exam part) :'D That's why I'm sorta having hard time deciding on dropping it or not..

Pardon me, I misread.

The exams were the worst for me in maths. To pull up your grades it’s going to take a lot of work. If you’re willing to resit on top of your other exams then go for it if you feel you can do it. I just am in the mindset of not giving yourself more work than it’s worth!
In my opinion, you should drop it. I also thought physics was interesting but found it difficult to do well in although I was getting As though out the year (doesn't really make sense but it was literally blood sweat and tears). I just about managed an A at AS and then dropped it asap to allow me to better my grades in my other subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest