Turn on thread page Beta

How much are you studying at the moment? watch

ReputationRep:
    I left all my A level revsion for the Jan exams until Jan and got really good results but didnt actually enjoy doing so much work in such a short space of time

Was just wondering how much work you are puttin in for the summer exams now and what kind of things you are doing?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    errrr let me think.....not a lot
    with a whackin good offer of BB for the course i want, and predicted AABC anyway, i think i can pretty much blag my way in
    obvisouly, nearer the time, i'll panic like a mo fo due to my complacency and naivety.

ReputationRep:
    As much as i can, i did gash in Jan so i'm getting hit back by it now

ReputationRep:
    "study" wots the

i think that speaks for were i stand on the topic

Waaaay less I need to. That I can safely say.

ReputationRep:
    hmm still dont know how much i should be doing at the moment tho and what i should be doing!

Almost none. Forgot two pieces of homework today.

ReputationRep:
    Not done any revision for proper exams yet, only for various tests/mocks we're having. Like I have a Chemistry Module 3 mock tomorrow . Which I need to revise for more, but y'know. Gonna start real revision at Easter methinks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure really, I know I need to get my History and Economics coursework done. For History I will need to get 7 marks over the A boundary to get an A overall and 3 for Economics. With French, I'm quite uncertain and most worried about that one!
    Have already finished the History course tho so am confident that I will be well prepared by June and am going to start properly revising in the Easter hols. Last year I left it waaay to late and regretted it big time!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing maximum 5 hours a week work outside of class. Uh oh. Has everyone else started revising?

ReputationRep:
    Im doing a degree is guitar (second only to candle making on the list of stupid degrees to do) and havent done any work for 3 years :P Got my final exam in a month so need to start doing something...

Well, I started revisining about 2 weeks ago, however, due to distactions ans so on.... my revison has been interuppted.

Nonetheless, I hvae 2 mocks next week, soI'll probs pick it up again from the weekend and try to continue it untill May/June.

What's more, I have to start my revision so early, as I have 8 exams before study leave at my college, wiht 3 during it !!! I have no idea why college selected such a stupid time to study leave

ReputationRep:
    ill do it when i get off for study leave....plenty of time between each of my exams to prepare for each one. wouldnt remember anything if i started now anyway lol.

ReputationRep:
    mmmh yeah that's the thing, i panic when i hear people already revising, but then think well i will only need to go over it again anyway because i'll forget it.
    think planning revision is the way forward at the mo..

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find that they spend loads of time planning the revision they're gonna do just to avoid actually doing it?

ReputationRep:
    *guilty*

ReputationRep:
    I'm not studying towards exams at all at the moment since I left my history coursewrok to the last minute...that reminds me, i must get back to it.

ReputationRep:
    I try and make notes on two double page spreads in my textbook a day but it's ending up being about one double page spread a week cos I always put it off....

ReputationRep:
    a quick Q, anyone know what you need out of 600 for an A on AQA?

480. It's the same for all A Levels on all exam boards. (80%)

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.