The Student Room Group

Will this be a 1st or a 2:1?

So I got my final grade back today, and worked out that I'm finishing this year with 69.925%. Will this be rounded up to be a first, or will it stay as a 2:1?
Original post by JessThomas6
So I got my final grade back today, and worked out that I'm finishing this year with 69.925%. Will this be rounded up to be a first, or will it stay as a 2:1?

This is so unfortunate. Depends on Universities process, but for some Universities, they will round up that to a first. Congratulations anyway!
Original post by randomaccount124
This is so unfortunate. Depends on Universities process, but for some Universities, they will round up that to a first. Congratulations anyway!

Thank you! It's so frustrating to be that close, but as first year doesn't count and I didn't put a lot of effort into quite a few assignments, I'm quite proud!
If it's just something you're putting on CV for first-year results, i.e. informal, it would be most reasonable to round it up.

Some unis have peculiarly strict practices where they will treat such grades as less than 70% and the only way you can get it up to a first is if the board of examiners exercise discretion -- this is only in relation to formal classification, so not relevant here. Your uni should say in the regs what their rules are, if you're curious.
Original post by Notoriety
If it's just something you're putting on CV for first-year results, i.e. informal, it would be most reasonable to round it up.

Some unis have peculiarly strict practices where they will treat such grades as less than 70% and the only way you can get it up to a first is if the board of examiners exercise discretion -- this is only in relation to formal classification, so not relevant here. Your uni should say in the regs what their rules are, if you're curious.

I've had a look in my uni's modular handbook guide and it seems like anything about 69.5% will be rounded up, so I think it's okay to say it's a first
My brother who went to newcastle got 69.5% and it was rounded up to a 1st. Depends on the uni i guess.
Original post by JessThomas6
I've had a look in my uni's modular handbook guide and it seems like anything about 69.5% will be rounded up, so I think it's okay to say it's a first

congrats!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending