The Student Room Group

Void insurance

I had a void insurance more than 5 years before. The question was what type of licence I hold. I said full uk and I got full eu. I had full uk now. They voided my insurance. I have 3 years claim bonus and I can't decide When I ask quote new insurance do I tell I had void insurance or not. 1200 if I say yes 755 if I say no🤔
Reply 1
Original post by Vakat83
I had a void insurance more than 5 years before. The question was what type of licence I hold. I said full uk and I got full eu. I had full uk now. They voided my insurance. I have 3 years claim bonus and I can't decide When I ask quote new insurance do I tell I had void insurance or not. 1200 if I say yes 755 if I say no🤔

If you've had a voided policy, you're going to have to declare it if asked...
Do a quote with Directline, afaik the question for them only cares if it's less than 5 years ago.
Original post by Vakat83
1200 if I say yes 755 if I say no🤔

Well, you can pay 1200 for valid insurance that will actually cover you if you have an accident, or 755 for void, worthless insurance when they inevitably find out that you had a policy voided previously.
Reply 4
I'm not clued up on it, but one would think they should write off voided insurance markers after some amount of time has passed... 5 years is a long time. Even bog standard points expire 4 years after the offence, and you don't need to declare them for insurance.
Reply 5
Original post by maeger
I'm not clued up on it, but one would think they should write off voided insurance markers after some amount of time has passed... 5 years is a long time. Even bog standard points expire 4 years after the offence, and you don't need to declare them for insurance.

Not the case. The vast majority of insurers ask the question "have you ever had a policy voided or cancelled by an insurer". Emphasis on the "have you ever".

Only a small subset of insurers actually specify a time restriction, because usually a policy voided or cancelled due to fraud, which you can understand should increase premiums significantly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending