The Student Room Group

Did I get used?

This girl at work had been getting on really well, like Really well. She lived with a guy, her ex, but I didn’t think that would be a problem cos she seemed comfortable and I’d heard about the state of their relationship so I felt comfortable in pursuing things. I thought we were going towards a relationship. Like we texted everyday, had really incredible conversations about things only couples talk about. And then one weekend she went quiet over text. Her and this guy started getting along a bit better and we’re closer again. I voiced my discomfort of that and she said she felt like what we were doing was uncomfortable to her, and she just realised it. This weekend I’m talking about was like 2 weeks ago. It’s never been the same since. No emotional conversation, no conversation whatsoever really. But yet everything is like it used to be when it comes to real life at work. We loved eachother, at least it felt like it. And now all of a sudden we barely talk and are just friends. I’m so confused. Was I just to fill in the gaps?
Yes, it is quite obvious. Just delete the contact and get over it, this isn't really worth more thought than you've already put into it.
She wasn't using you. She's just had the chance to reflect on your friendship and has concluded that it was too intimate, so she's backed off.
Reply 3
thanks for the response. You might be right. I’ve been pretty upset cos of this whole thing. Do I have a right to be upset if what you say is the case? Should I be her friend? Like it’s hard to just go to seeing her as a friend.
Original post by 4002cfleduj
thanks for the response. You might be right. I’ve been pretty upset cos of this whole thing. Do I have a right to be upset if what you say is the case? Should I be her friend? Like it’s hard to just go to seeing her as a friend.

I disagree with the other commenter because whether or not it was deliberate, she filled a void talking to you about more intimate things and then stopped when the void was no longer there. You have the right to feel however you want, although what you should want to feel is indifference really. Just be respectful and friendly and get on with your own life.
Reply 5
Original post by 1582
She wasn't using you. She's just had the chance to reflect on your friendship and has concluded that it was too intimate, so she's backed off.

@LightHeavyweight I can’t respond to you for some reason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending