The Student Room Group

Why is Warwick so overrated?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by e^iπ
36k after one year! what line of work are you in buddy?

FMCG mate. Great industry at the moment due to several challenges - every day is different. Would highly recommend to those who want a great work life balance and a decent salary.

I have friends earning £10K more for example... But I average 40 hours a week where they average c.60.

It'll never be a bankers salary - but I know my earning potential within the next 5 years and I'll still be doing absolutely fine, still working 9-5, still working from home when needed and still enjoying work.
It's the beautiful architecture that fools people.
Original post by pmc:producer
Mate he is hard work 😂 you just know away from TSR he's the quiet type.. Staring at people from a distance. Wouldn't say 'boo' to a fart.

He's in for a reality shock when he leaves his student bubble 😂

You really are stupid. I've done an internship at a consultancy firm and received positive feedback. Social interactions are important in Consultancy, but it seems like your pea-sized brain likes to draw assumptions based on a few comments online. Low IQ moron..
Original post by multieman
You really are stupid. I've done an internship at a consultancy firm and received positive feedback. Social interactions are important in Consultancy, but it seems like your pea-sized brain likes to draw assumptions based on a few comments online. Low IQ moron..

Are you really that triggered? Just cause Warwick rejected you.

When someone ignores you it's only polite to move on... What don't you get? I'm glad you received positive feedback on your 2 weeks worth of PowerPoint training. Where the real stars got invited back - you got a pat on the head... Yet you're boasting about it online 😂 As you progress through a career in consultancy your job becomes selling - nobody in their right mind would entertain you with the attitude you've consistently displayed here (my guess is your internship manager saw that).

-You run people down based on their degree/uni
-Your default in a debate is to go full adhom because you're incapable of raising valid points and articulating your argument without drivel (Your second position is to challenge their reading comprehension lol)
- Your favourite word is moron and you're a self-professed 'elitist' (who by the way, doesn't attend a top tier uni lol - irony right there)
- You feel the need to defend your social skills online to a stranger who calls you socially inept

For these reasons alone I'll stick to my original conclusion; you lack emotional intelligence, you're a social retard and you'll fall to Earth with a bang post-graduation.

For the final time, let's stop talking.
Original post by ProRoadman
Are you really that triggered? Just cause Warwick rejected you.

I didn't apply to Warwick...Also, if I applied to biomed like you did at Warwick then I would've essentially been guaranteed an offer. 90 % offer rate bro, but you can get all excited lmao.
When someone ignores you it's only polite to move on... What don't you get? I'm glad you received positive feedback on your 2 weeks worth of PowerPoint training. Where the real stars got invited back - you got a pat on the head... Yet you're boasting about it online 😂 As you progress through a career in consultancy your job becomes selling - nobody in their right mind would entertain you with the attitude you've consistently displayed here (my guess is your internship manager saw that).

-You run people down based on their degree/uni
-Your default in a debate is to go full adhom because you're incapable of raising valid points and articulating your argument without drivel (Your second position is to challenge their reading comprehension lol)
- Your favourite word is moron and you're a self-professed 'elitist' (who by the way, doesn't attend a top tier uni lol - irony right there)
- You feel the need to defend your social skills online to a stranger who calls you socially inept

For these reasons alone I'll stick to my original conclusion; you lack emotional intelligence, you're a social retard and you'll fall to Earth with a bang post-graduation.

For the final time, let's stop talking.

Lmao stick to getting angry because you Business at Glasgow didn't give you enough opportunities.
Lmao stick to getting angry because you Business at Glasgow didn't give you enough opportunities.

Says the 'elitist' who's a first generation university student aiming for UCL with poor school grades... Ah, the irony.
Says the 'elitist' who's a first generation university student aiming for UCL with poor school grades... Ah, the irony.

Lmao Im in university doing a reputable subject at a reputable university. Your insecurity is seeping through by that fact that you think my grades are poor. I went to a school where most people didn't even get 5A*-C but your judgmental self comes to conclusions. Another example of your low IQ... Bye bye Business and management Glasgow boy!
Lmao Im in university doing a reputable subject at a reputable university. Your insecurity is seeping through by that fact that you think my grades are poor. I went to a school where most people didn't even get 5A*-C but your judgmental self comes to conclusions. Another example of your low IQ... Bye bye Business and management Glasgow boy!

Mate... I'm only going with your post history. Crying about low grades and asking if you'll get bonus points from UCL for being from a disadvantaged background and you're a first gen uni student 😂 now you're 'elitist' (again, your words). You're far from elite... You're pathetic and laughable 😂

Now we really are done 😊 you're a mess. Good luck with your disadvantaged background diversity card when it comes to applying for jobs. Know that's all you'll ever be if you do land a semi-decent job... The diversity card.
(edited 5 years ago)

^ this guy's made u look a right knob. loool

out of interest, what uni do u go to?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Hello1236969

Im doing Economics at either Kings/Edinburgh/Bristol/UCL/Bath. Don't really want to be specific because I'll end up revealing my identity to classmates.
Original post by Hello1236969

Imagine the guy uses the fact that im a first generation student and from a working class background as an insult/comeback. If that's not elitist I don't know what is.
Imagine the guy uses the fact that im a first generation student and from a working class background as an insult/comeback. If that's not elitist I don't know what is.
You seem to have a severe inferiority complex.
Original post by Terry Tibbs
You seem to have a severe inferiority complex.

Lmao u say this to everyone in tsr from seeing ur posts. Once again, its another Warwick student that has been offended by my original post. Your bold statement is quite hypocritical.
Lmao u say this to everyone in tsr from seeing ur posts. Once again, its another Warwick student that has been offended by my original post. Your bold statement is quite hypocritical.

This only confirms my suspicion.

And as sad as it is that you take the time to look at people's post history, it's funny how you failed to determine that I'm not a Warwick student.
Im doing Economics at either Kings/Edinburgh/Bristol/UCL/Bath. Don't really want to be specific because I'll end up revealing my identity to classmates.

Your not doing anything but waiting on your A level results lol, so you shouldnt bash people who are already at university, regardless if that university doesnt fit into your criteria, however a free degree can also be enticing (scotland). Your on the way to doing a really quite numbercentric degree, i hope your ready to work, dont think just because you have a reduced offer for a top uni that your workload will be reduced, the strength of the course is reflected in the entry requirements, ie the real ones, not the contextual offer.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Your not doing anything but waiting on your A level results lol, so you shouldnt bash people who are already at university, regardless if that university doesnt fit into your criteria, however a free degree can also be enticing (scotland). Your on the way to doing a really quite numbercentric degree, i hope your ready to work, dont think just because you have a reduced offer for a top uni that your workload will be reduced, the strength of the course is reflected in the entry requirements, ie the real ones, not the contextual offer.

What are you on about? How have you managed to assume that the university I firmed provides contextual offers? Youre probably a private school kid that got into Oxford Brooks and wasted Daddy's money lmao.
Original post by Realitysreflexx

Also, once again you've jumped to conclusions like all the other butthurt warwick students. I went to a secondary school that was disadvantaged. My sixth form college wasn't, therefore I am not eligible for a contextual offer. Even if I was, why assume I'm not predicted to get higher than the "real" requirements? Oh wait, your brain is too small to think of the many different possibilities that could occur. Your comment shows how you are insecure, moronic and most of all ignorant. You really think I'd be complaining about Warwick for giving ABB offers if my offer was ABB or similar as well? How are you so ****ing stupid lmao?
Also, once again you've jumped to conclusions like all the other butthurt warwick students. I went to a secondary school that was disadvantaged. My sixth form college wasn't, therefore I am not eligible for a contextual offer. Even if I was, why assume I'm not predicted to get higher than the "real" requirements? Oh wait, your brain is too small to think of the many different possibilities that could occur. Your comment shows how you are insecure, moronic and most of all ignorant. You really think I'd be complaining about Warwick for giving ABB offers if my offer was ABB or similar as well? How are you so ****ing stupid lmao?

So do you have your a level results and your place confirmed? Thats the point, until then you haven't a word to say to anyone at any uni. Your just a 17 yr old kid with a bunch of offers you might not even achieve. And i do attend a RG, however not Warwick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending