username3529814
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is Head Girl seen as important by universities? I'm just wondering and curious as to what people might say.
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, it’s normal to be jealous. Just move on. It’s nothing really serious since now it gives you more time to revise and get a good grade. Nothing to worry about tbh.
00xx00
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I signed up for student council i got through to the semi finals and ditn get an interview, leaving me with no position on the student council... its fine... concentrate on revision
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No its not, if anything its probably better that you didnt get it
the head girl at my school was basically a slave to the headmistress and ended up getting really short of time and stressed and found it hard to balance work and stuff with head girl responsibilities
MJ4545
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Being head girl/ boy is so badly overrated

In my opinion the effort you put in is not worth the gain. It's a blessing you didn't get it.
Zahid~
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Universities don't care. You can do other stuff that is way more important (in the community).
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lmao, OP deleted her account...
BoultS94
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From somebody who is currently studying their second degree at university - no, no it does not matter in the slightest! x
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
being head girl/boy/person does not correlate with degree success.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I didn't get head girl either.

I suspect it was why I was rejected by Aston University. I will have to live with that shame for the rest of my life.
username3581862
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was head boy at my school and to be completely honest, it doesn’t affect your university application at all. Sure, you it might make one’s personal statement stand out but they really don’t care. I’ve got friends who weren’t even in any senior executive / perfect team and got into one of the best universities such as LSE and Warwick. So stop staying your life is ruined because it really isn’t 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (195)
14.4%
I'm not sure (61)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.03%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.73%
I'm not a current university student (668)
49.34%

Watched Threads