The Student Room Group

I didn't get Head Girl.

Is Head Girl seen as important by universities? I'm just wondering and curious as to what people might say.
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah, it’s normal to be jealous. Just move on. It’s nothing really serious since now it gives you more time to revise and get a good grade. Nothing to worry about tbh.
Reply 2
I signed up for student council i got through to the semi finals and ditn get an interview, leaving me with no position on the student council... :smile: its fine... concentrate on revision
No its not, if anything its probably better that you didnt get it
the head girl at my school was basically a slave to the headmistress and ended up getting really short of time and stressed and found it hard to balance work and stuff with head girl responsibilities
Reply 4
Being head girl/ boy is so badly overrated

In my opinion the effort you put in is not worth the gain. It's a blessing you didn't get it.
Reply 5
Universities don't care. You can do other stuff that is way more important (in the community).
Lmao, OP deleted her account...
Reply 7
From somebody who is currently studying their second degree at university - no, no it does not matter in the slightest! x
being head girl/boy/person does not correlate with degree success.
I didn't get head girl either.

I suspect it was why I was rejected by Aston University. I will have to live with that shame for the rest of my life.
I was head boy at my school and to be completely honest, it doesn’t affect your university application at all. Sure, you it might make one’s personal statement stand out but they really don’t care. I’ve got friends who weren’t even in any senior executive / perfect team and got into one of the best universities such as LSE and Warwick. So stop staying your life is ruined because it really isn’t 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️
a role as head girl isnt that deep in unis
nevertheless this doesnt mean you can't go on and still do things for the community's
just concentrate in revisioj tbh
and if you want take part in things
like charity events etc
i wouldnt really be that bothered tbh

Quick Reply

Latest