The Student Room Group

What does she really mean?

Hi, so I don’t usually do stuff like this but I really need some advice as my head is all over the place.

I was chatting to this girl literally non stop for a good 3 weeks, went on a date and things were going really well. When we first started talking, she said she wanted to take things slow as she’d only split up with her ex 4 weeks ago. Sunday, we were talking non stop all day and we mentioned meeting up again this Wednesday and we both decided what we were going to do and then randomly i get a really long message saying that she still isn’t ready which again I wasn’t going to pressure anything. We carried on talking about it and long story short she said she thinks we should stop talking. ‘Not because she wants to but because of her situation’.

I really liked getting to know the girl and i genuinely think she did too but this coming out of the blue kind of as the chat didn’t really go cold or have any hints that she wanted to stop.

Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, so I don’t usually do stuff like this but I really need some advice as my head is all over the place.

I was chatting to this girl literally non stop for a good 3 weeks, went on a date and things were going really well. When we first started talking, she said she wanted to take things slow as she’d only split up with her ex 4 weeks ago. Sunday, we were talking non stop all day and we mentioned meeting up again this Wednesday and we both decided what we were going to do and then randomly i get a really long message saying that she still isn’t ready which again I wasn’t going to pressure anything. We carried on talking about it and long story short she said she thinks we should stop talking. ‘Not because she wants to but because of her situation’.

I really liked getting to know the girl and i genuinely think she did too but this coming out of the blue kind of as the chat didn’t really go cold or have any hints that she wanted to stop.

Any advice?

She's still talking to her ex obviously
Reply 2
Original post by Reebster
She's still talking to her ex obviously

Nope, i asked her to brutally honest and she said she 1000% isn’t get back with him.
Just sounds like she’s not ready to be dating or has decided she’s not that into you.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Just sounds like she’s not ready to be dating or has decided she’s not that into you.

Which I understand but its the fact there was no hints or anything that she wasn’t interested. So maybe it is just that she’s not emotionally ready?
Reply 5
Which I understand but its the fact there was no hints or anything that she wasn’t interested. So maybe it is just that she’s not emotionally ready?

Well she's definitely not over her ex but as the other person said maybe she's also just not interested in you as you thought
Reply 6
Well she's definitely not over her ex but as the other person said maybe she's also just not interested in you as you thought

Surely i’d have got some hints that she wasn’t interested? Usually it goes cold or conversations end. Not any of this, she’d often ask about me and my day or create new topics. Idk

We'd just be guessing. But if she were ready and wanted to continue then she wouldn't be wanting to call things off.

You will tie yourself in knots trying to reconcile this with the fact that you didn't see 'signs'. Sometimes you don't get any.
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
We'd just be guessing. But if she were ready and wanted to continue then she wouldn't be wanting to call things off.

You will tie yourself in knots trying to reconcile this with the fact that you didn't see 'signs'. Sometimes you don't get any.

thats my issue, she literally said she didn’t want to stop talking to me but because of ‘her situation’ she just isn’t ready.

It was so wishy washy
Reply 9
thats my issue, she literally said she didn’t want to stop talking to me but because of ‘her situation’ she just isn’t ready.

It was so wishy washy

People can change their minds, maybe she found it too intense and got scared
Reply 10
People can change their minds, maybe she found it too intense and got scared

Yeah maybe scared. It’s a strange one and obviously not going to wait around but the fact she called it off by saying ‘there was definitely a chance of it going somewhere and never say never’ annoys me🤣

never clicked with a girl so quickly hahah

It was so wishy washy

It boils down to whether you want to be 'on hold' with her. If not, tell her.

Any advice?

she's not ready, leave here alone and let her handle things by herself.
Reply 13
she's not ready, leave here alone and let her handle things by herself.

I’m going to leave her alone but that doesn’t stop my head being a mess from it all.

I like the girl and we definitely had a genuine connection
Reply 14
I would take it pretty much as she says, something isn’t working out for you. Although it’s disappointing it is better than the reservations surfacing later. Leave the ball in her court

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending