The Student Room Group

Can I workshadow at a hospital at the age of 16?

Hi I’m thinking about doing medicine at uni (just finished my GCSEs and about to start a level) and I want to get some form of experience or like a taster of what being a doctor is like... so I’m just wondering if I email them will they let me at the age of 16? Will I need a cv or something?? Thanks for your help !
You could give it a shot, you have nothing to lose! At the start of y11, I did a work experience at the NHS hospitals (everything was organised by the school and a few people were chosen) so it is possible that they will accept your offer
Original post by savage_queen
You could give it a shot, you have nothing to lose! At the start of y11, I did a work experience at the NHS hospitals (everything was organised by the school and a few people were chosen) so it is possible that they will accept your offer

Oh ok thanks!! Ahhh I wished my school organised such thing!!
Original post by Berrydo
Oh ok thanks!! Ahhh I wished my school organised such thing!!

Np, hope it works out well!
Np, hope it works out well!

Thanks! Will I need a cv tho?
Original post by Berrydo
Thanks! Will I need a cv tho?

No idea, just ask the hospital. I had to fill an application showing why I'm interested in medicine and things like that
No idea, just ask the hospital. I had to fill an application showing why I'm interested in medicine and things like that

Oh ok thanks!
Original post by Berrydo
Hi I’m thinking about doing medicine at uni (just finished my GCSEs and about to start a level) and I want to get some form of experience or like a taster of what being a doctor is like... so I’m just wondering if I email them will they let me at the age of 16? Will I need a cv or something?? Thanks for your help !

Hi, I also just finished my GCSE’s and have a work experience post organised at my local hospital in the outpatients department. I found it easy and they do not mind that I am only 16. I had to organised this myself by contacting the hospital. I had to wait 6 weeks and even then I did not get the dates I had wanted.
Original post by Lowri.frncs
Hi, I also just finished my GCSE’s and have a work experience post organised at my local hospital in the outpatients department. I found it easy and they do not mind that I am only 16. I had to organised this myself by contacting the hospital. I had to wait 6 weeks and even then I did not get the dates I had wanted.

Ah ok thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending