The Student Room Group

Masters Degree with BTEC and ALevels

I am Confident at doing computer science in university just a quick shout would it be able to do a masters degree with these subjects and grades
I do
BTEC L3 IT
BTEC L3 Business
ALEVEL Graphic Design
I am confident i will get D* D* A
What unis maybe
Reply 1
You'll need a Bachelors degree first (unless you're referring to a 4 year integrated-masters?)
You asked this yesterday.
Reply 3
Original post by Duncan2012
You asked this yesterday.

Yeah i was just asking for a masters degree
Reply 4
Original post by yt7777
You'll need a Bachelors degree first (unless you're referring to a 4 year integrated-masters?)

Yeah, If i complete the Bachelors, is it another 4 years to do masters?
Reply 5
Original post by SteveyCook

no integrated masters is 3 years bachelor and 1 year masters at the same uni so it wouldn't be another 4 years after the bachelors
Reply 6
Original post by MikeyA
no integrated masters is 3 years bachelor and 1 year masters at the same uni so it wouldn't be another 4 years after the bachelors

Oh okay, I was asking if I was to do a bachelors degree instead of the integrated masters.
Reply 7
Original post by SteveyCook

No a masters is 1 year and a Bachelors is 3 years

You can do either a standalone masters where you complete you Bachelors and then do an additional year for a masters

Or you can do an integrated masters which is where you sign up for a 4 year course to start with inclusive of the 3 years of the bachelors. However this is less respected than doing a standalone masters after your bachelors.

In regards to your thread, your A levels don't matter when applying for a normal standalone masters, it's the result of your bachelors degree that matters. If you're applying for an integrated masters then they do require your A levels because you are essentially still just applying for your bachelors.
Reply 8
Original post by yt7777
No a masters is 1 year and a Bachelors is 3 years

You can do either a standalone masters where you complete you Bachelors and then do an additional year for a masters

Or you can do an integrated masters which is where you sign up for a 4 year course to start with inclusive of the 3 years of the bachelors. However this is less respected than doing a standalone masters after your bachelors.

In regards to your thread, your A levels don't matter when applying for a normal standalone masters, it's the result of your bachelors degree that matters. If you're applying for an integrated masters then they do require your A levels because you are essentially still just applying for your bachelors.

Thank You, Helped alot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending