The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Postgraduate accommodation??

I may do a Masters at Newcastle Uni.

As I've done my Undergraduate at another Uni this would be my first time at Newcastle. Even though I'm doing a Masters I'd still be really keen to experience the nightlife but I'd have to make friends all over again.

I'm just wondering whether there are any Postgraduate accommodations that also have a mix of Undergraduates and are quite social?? I'd really not want to end up in a quiet accommodation and have noone to really go out with.

So which postgraduate accommodations are most social?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by theperformer

As I've done my Undergraduate at another Uni this would be my first time at Newcastle. Even though I'm doing a Masters I'd still be really keen to experience the nightlife but I'd have to make friends all over again.

I'm just wondering whether there are any Postgraduate accommodations that also have a mix of Undergraduates and are quite social?? I'd really not want to end up in a quiet accommodation and have noone to really go out with.

Id recommend looking at private student halls because they have a mixture of both undergraduate and postgraduate students. Most places will let you put a preference down, and some private student accommodation providers let you pick who you live with so you can pick a room with a mix if you like :smile:
Original post by Breeee
Id recommend looking at private student halls because they have a mixture of both undergraduate and postgraduate students. Most places will let you put a preference down, and some private student accommodation providers let you pick who you live with so you can pick a room with a mix if you like :smile:

Which websites have the private halls for Uni of Newcastle?
Reply 4
Which websites have the private halls for Uni of Newcastle?

1. The Student Roost
2. Unite Students
3. Liberty Living
4. Fresh Student Living

If you just google the names they should all come up.

If you need a hand with anything else, just let me know :smile:

Hello!
Have you looked at Student Roost?
We have 3 sites located in Newcastle city centre. Newcastle 1 have a mixture of undergraduates and postgraduates, we hold events at the beginning of the year so everyone can meet and also have lots of communal spaces to use throughout the year.
Find out more through www.studentroost.co.uk or contact us directly!

Hi theperformer,

Bowsden Court is the only University managed accommodation which has both undergraduate and postgraduate rooms :smile:

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/university/bowsden-court/#facilities

The postgraduate accommodation offers two-bedroom flats with a separate fully furnished lounge, kitchen and a bathroom.

Alternatively, there's Newgate Court which is one of our managed partnership sites:

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/university/newgate-court/#facilities

This offers 90 en-suite rooms in flats of four to ten bedrooms. Each flat has a communal lounge/ kitchen.

Hope this helps :smile:

Valentina
Reply 7
Hi
Im curious about the university managed accommodation offers. Is there anyone who received an offer? And when will i hear about the results? Btw im an international postgrad student and have an unconditional offer. Thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by Elif-san
Hi
Im curious about the university managed accommodation offers. Is there anyone who received an offer? And when will i hear about the results? Btw im an international postgrad student and have an unconditional offer. Thanks a lot :smile:

Hi Elif-san,

Our Accommodation team are currently allocating accommodation for all undergraduate and postgraduate students who hold unconditional offers so you should hear soon :smile:

Valentina
Hey im in the same boat as you, ill be new to Newcastle and definitely want to pretend im still and undergrad/keep my social life alive. Im about to start looking at halls have you picked yours yet?
Original post by Sashafortell
Hey im in the same boat as you, ill be new to Newcastle and definitely want to pretend im still and undergrad/keep my social life alive. Im about to start looking at halls have you picked yours yet?

Hello,
Student Roost Newcastle have 3 sites in the city centre all which cater for undergraduates and postgraduates. We provide a fun and thriving social calendar with events happening weekly.
We have both private stuios and shared flats, find out more - https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle

Thanks, Tegan

Hi!

Have you looked at The Shield?

We have a great mix of undergrad and post graduate students and we host regular social events to get your all mingling and meeting each other!

We have both en-suite and studio rooms available!

Please give us a call on 0191 300 6502, write to us at [email protected] or visit our website: https://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/the-shield/

Christy @ The Shield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending