The Student Room Group

People who think school is a waste of time

And people who think that school is just memorisation.
Just memorise the book lol ez A*
Theyre the worst kind who say that university is worthless and bill gates dropped out because university is stupid. (Harvard drop out btw)

Anyone who does well in school is a sheep clearly getting all U's at GCSE and not going college is the way to go

The worst kind of person I know

Scroll to see replies

... well, that was cheerful.
Reply 2
Basically stupid people and chavs think its a waste of time, probably to reassure themselves

No different to poor people who convince themselves that money doesn't make you happy
Or fat people who convince themselves that fat is beautiful
Or mgtow who convince themselves that they don't need a woman anymore

Its all just a coping mechanism
Original post by shellop
Basically stupid people and chavs think its a waste of time, probably to reassure themselves

No different to poor people who convince themselves that money doesn't make you happy
Or fat people who convince themselves that fat is beautiful
Or mgtow who convince themselves that they don't need women to be happy

Its all just a coping mechanism

Finally someone who says it. People never outright say this stuff but its so true that it needs to be said.
Some people take it a step further and end up HATING it

Poor people who hate the rich
Chavs who hate anyone who guys to school
Fat people who hate healthy people
MGTOWS who hate anyone with a girlfriend.

I actually know a MGTOW IRL (he's a friend of a friend I dont like hanging out with him) and hes exactly what you expect them to be like. Warned me about how women will ruin my soul and how enlightened,free and happy he is. He's a uni drop out who lives at home with no job at age 24...
Reply 4
Well I think we should atleast consider why this is an opinion many have, without calling them “chavs” and generally acting like an opinionated ****.

There are certain subjects I feel are a waste of time, there are things I spent ages learning in science that I have never used in my adult life and most likely never will, which now looking back, was wasted time.
Reply 5
God help you when you experience some proper bad *******s if these are the worst types of people you know.
Original post by gjd800
God help you when you experience some proper bad *******s if these are the worst types of people you know.

I'm not being literal its just exaggeration
Reply 7
Original post by DrugsAndLove <3
I'm not being literal its just exaggeration
You need to layoff the drugs.
Reply 8
Original post by 6iX 9iNE
Well I think we should atleast consider why this is an opinion many have, without calling them “chavs” and generally acting like an opinionated ****.

Aye. Education wasn't seen as that important where I'm from (my Mam and Dad not withstanding). People feel like they have been condemned to a life of shite, and to some degree, they are right in their assessment. A few of us made it out the other end of the educational sausage machine, but most of my mates didn't.
You need to layoff the drugs.

You need to take more drugs

I actually know a MGTOW IRL (he's a friend of a friend I dont like hanging out with him) and hes exactly what you expect them to be like. Warned me about how women will ruin my soul and how enlightened,free and happy he is. He's a uni drop out who lives at home with no job at age 24...

I know a female version (I guess that would be a feminist but I'm not quite sure) basically a woman who LOATHES men (because they all reject her) and has openly proclaimed she will never marry or date one. of course that isn't enough for her so she strives to bring everyone other woman down with her. every conversation she tries to talk us out of it, when she hears we like a guy its 'why waste your time, hes only going to mess you about anyway, he seems the type' and everytime she hears a proposal or someone talking about marriage its 'why? omg waste of money. not worth the risk. most marriages end in divorce anyway'.
the one true friend she has is - unsurprisingly - like her. both fat. both angry. both have ugly personalities. both lie to themselves. and both hate men. but her fat friend recently lost weight and started wearing make up and I suggested the obvious - that maybe she had a boyfriend - and she completely erupted! lol 'OMG NOT EVERYONE WHO LOSES WEIGHT AND WEARS MAKE UP MEANS THEY HAVE A BOYFRIEND' oh man she was seething at the thought that the one girl who shared her views might be turning the other way. haha these people are pathetic
Original post by shellop

Or mgtow who convince themselves that they don't need a woman anymore

Sorry to be ancient and out of touch, but what is a mgtow?
You need to take more drugs
So you are all for drug taking/promotion yet think people who dont see the value in a lengthy education are scum.

Ok
So you are all for drug taking/promotion yet think people who dont see the value in a lengthy education are scum.

Ok

Its called a joke its not that deep fam
Its called a joke its not that deep fam
just logout, you’re done for the night.
Original post by shellop
I know a female version (I guess that would be a feminist but I'm not quite sure) basically a woman who LOATHES men (because they all reject her) and has openly proclaimed she will never marry or date one. of course that isn't enough for her so she strives to bring everyone other woman down with her. every conversation she tries to talk us out of it, when she hears we like a guy its 'why waste your time, hes only going to mess you about anyway, he seems the type' and everytime she hears a proposal or someone talking about marriage its 'why? omg waste of money. not worth the risk. most marriages end in divorce anyway'.
the one true friend she has is - unsurprisingly - like her. both fat. both angry. both have ugly personalities. both lie to themselves. and both hate men. but her fat friend recently lost weight and started wearing make up and I suggested the obvious - that maybe she had a boyfriend - and she completely erupted! lol 'OMG NOT EVERYONE WHO LOSES WEIGHT AND WEARS MAKE UP MEANS THEY HAVE A BOYFRIEND' oh man she was seething at the thought that the one girl who shared her views might be turning the other way. haha these people are pathetic

Yeah men or women who hate the entire opposite gender have something seriously wrong with them. I had a teacher like that who was open in how much she hated men and would talk about the accomplishments of women and how men are evil instead of teaching maths. Later found out she got recently divorced

I think its the mindset if I cant be happy no one can thats just so toxic and prevalent in people like this. The women hating MGTOW I know will 100% drop every single view he has if a girl gave him attention and the poor person who says rich people are greedy are the ones who change the most when they win the lottery
Original post by tiny hobbit
Sorry to be ancient and out of touch, but what is a mgtow?

stands for men going their own way. basically a movement (or idea as they call it) for men who claim to have 'had enough' of women and the way they are and declare that they will never marry again and never need another woman. funnily enough they only ever come to this conclusion AFTER they got divorced. or if they can never get a woman to begin with. attractive, level headed men who are happily married/commited cant understand the concept of MGTOW. its always only ever the rejects, unsurprisingly.
just logout, you’re done for the night.

Whats gotten you so mad lmao
People who youre talking about are completely fine and I respect them for trying to educate themselves

Im talking about the ones, especially the older 28 year old deadbeats who are unemployed, telling you that education is for sheep who follow the system and that dropping out is the best thing to do
Yeah men or women who hate the entire opposite gender have something seriously wrong with them. I had a teacher like that who was open in how much she hated men and would talk about the accomplishments of women and how men are evil instead of teaching maths. Later found out she got recently divorced

I think its the mindset if I cant be happy no one can thats just so toxic and prevalent in people like this. The women hating MGTOW I know will 100% drop every single view he has if a girl gave him attention and the poor person who says rich people are greedy are the ones who change the most when they win the lottery

and that really is the mentality of the average MGTOW. I've yet to see an attractive, happily married man relate to MGTOW but then why would an attractive, happily married man do so? Its only ever the men who couldn't get or keep a woman who - unsurprisingly - become bitter and only now declare that they hate women.

I've said that time and time again myself. That he only hates them because he can't get them. As soon as some other woman comes into their life they'll 100% be 'what Mgtow? I never said that!' lol you fool no one. there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying you'd like a partner someday. its human nature. i say it all the time. i'll never stop being on the lookout for a boyfriend. who wants to stay alone forever? not me
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest