The Student Room Group

Think Ahead Application 2019 - Is anyone apply?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hey guys, I've just applied - apparently the application window closes again 29th April. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to notify you whether you are successful or not - I read somewhere it's a week and then I also read 3 weeks? Is it the same process as Step up: Application > Assessment Centre > Acceptance?
How did people find the Assessment centers? I'm super nervous!
Original post by Matta8
Hey guys, I've just applied - apparently the application window closes again 29th April. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to notify you whether you are successful or not - I read somewhere it's a week and then I also read 3 weeks? Is it the same process as Step up: Application > Assessment Centre > Acceptance?
How did people find the Assessment centers? I'm super nervous!

Hi Matta8,

I was fortunate enough to be successful onto the 2019 cohort.

You are correct that the application window closes on the 29th April (I believe it is the final window this year). The application process consists of the application form itself and, if accepted, an online situational judgement test, followed by an assessment day. If I recall correctly, it can take up to 3 weeks for a decision to be made for applications. For my SJT, I heard back after a week of completing it. Once you are successful in both of these, you will be provided with dates/location of the assessment centre.

I wish you all the best and good luck!
Reply 102
That’s amazing! Congratulations! Thanks for all of the information that was super helpful! I feel like they might have to be a little quicker for this lot of applicants or they might run out of time!
Do they know where the residential 5 week summer course will be yet?
Original post by Humble-Student
Hi Matta8,

You are correct that the application window closes on the 29th April (I believe it is the final window this year). The application process consists of the application form itself and, if accepted, an online situational judgement test, followed by an assessment day. If I recall correctly, it can take up to 3 weeks for a decision to be made for applications. For my SJT, I heard back after a week of completing it. Once you are successful in both of these, you will be provided with dates/location of the assessment centre.

I just submitted my application and was told I’ll hear back within 6 weeks 😩 seems like such a long time
Reply 104
Hey, I submitted my application around two weeks ago and they got back to me the next week so I think it won’t take that long :smile:

I did the situational judgement test and found it a little difficult only because it’s hard to judge without all of the facts. After that they said they would notify me within 3 weeks whether I’m successful or not :smile: and they said the assessment centres are scheduled to take place early June!

Good luck with your application I hope it goes well :smile:
Original post by S1elyak1
I just submitted my application and was told I’ll hear back within 6 weeks 😩 seems like such a long time
hello, its been my fourth trial to enrol by I will just miss a bit at the last minute. I am very interested in the programme.
Original post by Matta8
Hey, I submitted my application around two weeks ago and they got back to me the next week so I think it won’t take that long :smile:

I did the situational judgement test and found it a little difficult only because it’s hard to judge without all of the facts. After that they said they would notify me within 3 weeks whether I’m successful or not :smile: and they said the assessment centres are scheduled to take place early June!

Good luck with your application I hope it goes well :smile:

Hey, oh that's great news, I really hope they don't take so long with mine. Yeah I did the SJT for Frontline so I am assuming the two are very similar? Fingers crossed you passed. Which area did you put as your first preference? Thank you, you too!
Reply 107
Yeah I imagine they will be really similar! I can’t actually remember the area I put as my first preference! I’m pretty flexible at the moment cause I would be relocating back to the U.K. I think there were four options - Midlands, South East, North East and London if that’s right I think I did it in that order 😂How about you?
Hey, oh that's great news, I really hope they don't take so long with mine. Yeah I did the SJT for Frontline so I am assuming the two are very similar? Fingers crossed you passed. Which area did you put as your first preference? Thank you, you too!
Original post by Matta8
Yeah I imagine they will be really similar! I can’t actually remember the area I put as my first preference! I’m pretty flexible at the moment cause I would be relocating back to the U.K. I think there were four options - Midlands, South East, North East and London if that’s right I think I did it in that order 😂How about you?

I'm hoping that because I passed Frontline I'll pass this one if I make it that far. Yeah I'm flexible too, I don't really mind where I am but I would prefer not to be too far down south. I think I put London, Midlands, South East and North East but not 100% sure
Reply 109
Have you heard anything? I've just been accepted to the assessment centre stage! 29th May in London :smile: super happy right now!
I'm hoping that because I passed Frontline I'll pass this one if I make it that far. Yeah I'm flexible too, I don't really mind where I am but I would prefer not to be too far down south. I think I put London, Midlands, South East and North East but not 100% sure
Original post by Matta8
Have you heard anything? I've just been accepted to the assessment centre stage! 29th May in London :smile: super happy right now!

Congrats! Hope it goes well. No I haven’t heard anything yet but I’m trying not to think about it. I need to think of a back up career in case social work doesn’t happen for me
I've just been invited to the assessment centre on 29th May, too. Really excited and nervous!
Original post by Matta8
Original post by socialelevation
Hi all,

I would like to apply for the Think Ahead programme 2019. I was hoping to network with other potential candidates interested in applying for the programme.

Likewise, it would be useful to speak to any other previous candidates who have been through the application process and could share any insight about the application process and assessment center?

I thought it would be a nice idea to create a forum specifically for prospective candidates to meet and support each other throughout the application process.

Thank you.

Hi I am planning on applying - I believe applications open in September
Original post by Humble-Student
Hi Matta8,

Congrats from a year ago! How have you found it so far? Can i ask if you remember any of the questions you were asked at the assessment centre? Or any other tips?

Maddie
Hi there,I’m looking to apply to the programme for 2021 and looking for some advise about the application process.Wanting to start prepping ASAP!
Hi, I'm thinking about applying also
Original post by Chloemcgowan
Hi there,I’m looking to apply to the programme for 2021 and looking for some advise about the application process.Wanting to start prepping ASAP!

yes me too... sounds rather scary:smile:
Original post by Chloemcgowan

Hello, I have applied for the 2021 cohort too. Let me know how it goes for you!
I have the assessment centre on Thursday :smile:
Original post by Elena Allegro

Hey, when do you hear back??? How many ppl were there?

How do you think you did in role play?
Original post by Elena Allegro

Have you heard back???

Quick Reply

Latest