The Student Room Group

Further student finance after a foundation degree

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer me advice or has been in the same position.

About 5 years ago I did a 2 year foundation degree in travel and tourism which was funded by student finance.

I have decided I would like to re-train in either nursing, midwifery or radiography.

My question is do you think there would be any chance I would be accepted for student finance for another degree?

I have read that in some circumstances they accept you and I was wondering if anyone has any advice.

Original post by Jadetabs
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer me advice or has been in the same position.

About 5 years ago I did a 2 year foundation degree in travel and tourism which was funded by student finance.

I have decided I would like to re-train in either nursing, midwifery or radiography.

My question is do you think there would be any chance I would be accepted for student finance for another degree?

I have read that in some circumstances they accept you and I was wondering if anyone has any advice.

Since the changes a few years back then Nursing and Allied Health Professions all qualify for student finance, even as a second degree.

You could even finish off the Travel and Tourism and still get funding for Nursing etc. That means you could have 2 degrees.

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/study-and-training/considering-or-university/financial-support-university
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Since the changes a few years back then Nursing and Allied Health Professions all qualify for student finance, even as a second degree.

You could even finish off the Travel and Tourism and still get funding for Nursing etc. That means you could have 2 degrees.

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/study-and-training/considering-or-university/financial-support-university

Thanks that’s really helpful!
Original post by Jadetabs
Thanks that’s really helpful!

Just to reiterate. If you choose any of those courses, then they consider it as though you havent used any of your student finance, so nothing to worry about.
You will still owe any money from the previous loans though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending