Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A-Level results day is just 4 weeks away now :argh: So I thought it would be interesting to see what grades everyone predicts they'll get in their A-Levels, so post down below what you think you achieved!

It would be nice if everyone could then come back to this thread on Results day, quote their prediction post and post their actual results so we can see how optimistic / pessimistic everyone was being (hopefully we all do better than we predicted! :woo:)

I'll start off in the next post, just remember to use the grades YOU think you got, not those predicted by your teachers.

And of course if you don't want to take part in this thread you don't have to! There's no point writing a post in here if it's going to make you worry, if you're worried you should go and have some fun to take your mind off it! This thread is purely here for those who want to partake :yep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Name: Emily

Level: A2

Required Grades for Firm: A*AA

Predictions:
    A*/A - Maths (AQA)
    A/B - Further Maths (AQA)
    A - Computer Science (OCR)

Comments: I was really trying to be precise with these predictions but with both Maths and Further Maths I think I was SO on the borderline, it could easily go either way dependant on how the grade boundaries come out (I'll try and alter this post when they're released to see if it decides a prediction for me.) Being honest I think I'm borderline between the A and A* in Computer Science too but I reckon that one really is more likely to be the A.

ReputationRep:
    omg why you do this
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    level: A2

Need: AAB or AAA

prediction:
    worst case - ABBC
    best case - A*ABC

comment: maths went well, it was quite standard. Geography was going well until the last exam where I froze for 5 minutes and crossed out a whole paragraph to restart, so that could mess up everything and everything. I feel fine for history, but thats how I felt at AS too and came out with C, so I dont have any direction where this is going, the marking is subjective imo. ive no idea what they want but I tried my best doing what my teacher wanted and what example A* answers had anyway. with the worst case scenario, I won't meet my offers at all, so im hoping to get in through the chance that they need spaces to be filled
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    level: A2

Need: AAB or AAA

prediction:
    worst case - ABBC
    best case - A*ABC

comment: maths went well, it was quite standard. Geography was going well until the last exam where I froze for 5 minutes and crossed out a whole paragraph to restart, so that could mess up everything and everything. I feel fine for history, but thats how I felt at AS too and came out with C, so I dont have any direction where this is going, the marking is subjective imo. ive no idea what they want but I tried my best doing what my teacher wanted and what example A* answers had anyway. with the worst case scenario, I won't meet my offers at all, so im hoping to get in through the chance that they need spaces to be filled
    Don't presume the worst, just try to stay positive - as you say, there's no way for you to know how it's gonna go. There are options for you whatever happens, particularly as your other grades will all most likely be pretty high

ReputationRep:
    Name: Josh

Required Grades: ABB

Predictions:

French - A/A* (but WJEC...)
    English Language - A
    Drama - B
    Classical Civilisation - B/A
    EPQ - A

What I'd really like: A*A*A*AB
    What I'd be happy with: AAABB

Comments: The exam season for A-Levels was fairly tumultuous - there was the WJEC French paper, the unexpectedly awkward questions for English Language, and 2 absolute dream papers for Classics. Drama was an alright paper, even if it was a solid 3 hours long....

Honestly so difficult to judge how they've gone, but I'm hoping that by having 2 extra subjects it'll help a little bit to get the grades, and in any case, hopefully my coursework will help to push them up at least a tiny bit!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by TeenPolyglot)
    Name: Josh

Required Grades: ABB

Predictions:

French - A/A* (but WJEC...)
    English Language - A
    Drama - B
    Classical Civilisation - B/A
    EPQ - A

What I'd really like: A*A*A*AB
    What I'd be happy with: AAABB

Comments: The exam season for A-Levels was fairly tumultuous - there was the WJEC French paper, the unexpectedly awkward questions for English Language, and 2 absolute dream papers for Classics. Drama was an alright paper, even if it was a solid 3 hours long....

Honestly so difficult to judge how they've gone, but I'm hoping that by having 2 extra subjects it'll help a little bit to get the grades, and in any case, hopefully my coursework will help to push them up at least a tiny bit!
    At least with 5 A Levels you've got your options pretty open :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    At least with 5 A Levels you've got your options pretty open :lol:
    That's the only thing that's keeping me sane!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by TeenPolyglot)
    That's the only thing that's keeping me sane!
    Do you need any specific grades in specific subjects or is it just your best grades?

ReputationRep:
    Name: Olivia

Required: ABB
    Want: A*AB

Spoiler:
    Show

(Already have an AS in German and English Language at grade B)

Prediction:

German- A*
    Government and Politics- A/B (hopefully)
    Law- B (hopefully)

Comment:
    I don't even know maaaaan :ashamed2: German went amazingly well and for politics I'm sure i put everything down which i thought was relevant enough not leaving out important details although almost nothing one of my teachers taught me came up (literally made my own study material that the whole class ended up using as revision). For Law i kinda messed up. There's two papers and in the first one i nearly ran out time so i bullet pointed the rest of the last question i still had to do (as my teacher often told us to in the worst case scenario) which wasn't much. Whether the quality, analysis and application of the questions was of satisfactory standard though...I don't know. For the second paper i kinda misinterpreted the questions and part of my answer for question 1 as I was writing it I noticed was meant to be for question 2. I kinda tried to rectify it but i don't know if they mark on presentation. All i know for that paper is that I absolutely aced the 35 marker no doubt. All I can say now though is that it's in God's hands now...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by _.lxvv)
    Name: Olivia

Required: ABB
    Want: A*AB

Spoiler:
    Show

(Already have an AS in German and English Language at grade B)

Prediction:

German- A*
    Government and Politics- A/B (hopefully)
    Law- B (hopefully)

Comment:
    I don't even know maaaaan :ashamed2: German went amazingly well and for politics I'm sure i put everything down which i thought was relevant enough not leaving out important details although almost nothing one of my teachers taught me came up (literally made my own study material that the whole class ended up using as revision). For Law i kinda messed up. There's two papers and in the first one i nearly ran out time so i bullet pointed the rest of the last question i still had to do (as my teacher often told us to in the worst case scenario) which wasn't much. Whether the quality, analysis and application of the questions was of satisfactory standard though...I don't know. For the second paper i kinda misinterpreted the questions and part of my answer for question 1 as I was writing it I noticed was meant to be for question 2. I kinda tried to rectify it but i don't know if they mark on presentation. All i know for that paper is that I absolutely aced the 35 marker no doubt. All I can say now though is that it's in God's hands now...
    Heyyy!! Those predictions are so positive considering what you need, you should be so proud of yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Just hoping Law doesn't let me down...if i don't get into Birmingham it's literally game over...
    (Original post by EmilySarah00)
    Heyyy!! Those predictions are so positive considering what you need, you should be so proud of yourself!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by _.lxvv)
    Thank you! Just hoping Law doesn't let me down...if i don't get into Birmingham it's literally game over...
    Well if you get A*BC for example that still equates to ABB in terms of equivalents so you’ll have to see if Birmingham take into consideration equivalents in their offers! It really sounds like you’ve got this :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Name: Megan

Required Grades for Firm: ABB

Predictions:
    English Literature and Language (AQA) - B
    History (OCR) - A/B
    Sociology (AQA) - A/B
    Politics (AQA AS) - A
    EPQ (Edexcel) - A*

Best Outcome: A*AAAB
    Worst: A*ABBB

Comments: I feel relatively content about how this years exams went, although I think I'll be on the borderline for two of my subjects which is unnerving and frustrating considering the sheer amount of effort I put in. I just hope it goes well and I'm not disappointed as I have been during other results days. I know that, at least for me, gaining straight A's is unrealistic, but I'm optimistic that I can achieve some A grades.

Let's hope everything goes to plan, good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Do you need any specific grades in specific subjects or is it just your best grades?
    They are general grades, but one of the grades has to be in French - it's for a French and Linguistics course.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MiraclePetals)
    Name: Megan

Required Grades for Firm: ABB

Predictions:
    English Literature and Language (AQA) - B
    History (OCR) - A/B
    Sociology (AQA) - A/B
    Politics (AQA AS) - A
    EPQ (Edexcel) - A*

Best Outcome: A*AAAB
    Worst: A*ABBB

Comments: I feel relatively content about how this years exams went, although I think I'll be on the borderline for two of my subjects which is unnerving and frustrating considering the sheer amount of effort I put in. I just hope it goes well and I'm not disappointed as I have been during other results days. I know that, at least for me, gaining straight A's is unrealistic, but I'm optimistic that I can achieve some A grades.

Let's hope everything goes to plan, good luck everyone!
    Ahh well done these are such amazing grades!

ReputationRep:
    EmilySarah00 Your blog helped so much with my motivation too, so thankyou!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MiraclePetals)
    EmilySarah00 Your blog helped so much with my motivation too, so thankyou!
    Aw thank you so much this means a lot! :hugs:
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Predicted AAB
    Need BBB
    What I think I got: A*BB
    Best case: A*AB
    Worse case: ABC

ReputationRep:
    Prediction: A*AA or A*A*A or maybe even A*AB
    A* - Maths (Edexcel)
    A/A* - Chemistry (Edexcel)
    A*/A/B - Physics (AQA)

Need: A*A*A for Imperial (probably gonna take a year out so not really that important)
    Best case: A*A*A*
    Worst case: A*AB

Comments: AQA physics just really messed me up - I think I went in not really taking it seriously then when in the exam it all hit me and the pressure made me make silly mistakes - I just missed out on loads of silly easy marks I would have gotten if I had done the test in class a week earlier. Chemistry I felt I messed up 1 paper but the other two went really well so hopefully an A* but maybe an A. Maths I thought was easy so I'm pretty sure its an A*

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.