The Student Room Group

Predict Your A-Level Results 2018

A-Level results day is just 4 weeks away now :argh: So I thought it would be interesting to see what grades everyone predicts they'll get in their A-Levels, so post down below what you think you achieved!

It would be nice if everyone could then come back to this thread on Results day, quote their prediction post and post their actual results so we can see how optimistic / pessimistic everyone was being (hopefully we all do better than we predicted! :woo:)

I'll start off in the next post, just remember to use the grades YOU think you got, not those predicted by your teachers.

And of course if you don't want to take part in this thread you don't have to! There's no point writing a post in here if it's going to make you worry, if you're worried you should go and have some fun to take your mind off it! This thread is purely here for those who want to partake :yep:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Name: Emily

Level: A2

Required Grades for Firm: A*AA

Predictions:
A*/A - Maths (AQA)
A/B - Further Maths (AQA)
A - Computer Science (OCR)

Comments: I was really trying to be precise with these predictions but with both Maths and Further Maths I think I was SO on the borderline, it could easily go either way dependant on how the grade boundaries come out (I'll try and alter this post when they're released to see if it decides a prediction for me.) Being honest I think I'm borderline between the A and A* in Computer Science too but I reckon that one really is more likely to be the A.
(edited 5 years ago)
omg why you do this
Don't presume the worst, just try to stay positive - as you say, there's no way for you to know how it's gonna go. There are options for you whatever happens, particularly as your other grades will all most likely be pretty high :smile:
Name: Josh

Required Grades: ABB

Predictions:

French - A/A* (but WJEC...)
English Language - A
Drama - B
Classical Civilisation - B/A
EPQ - A

What I'd really like: A*A*A*AB
What I'd be happy with: AAABB

Comments: The exam season for A-Levels was fairly tumultuous - there was the WJEC French paper, the unexpectedly awkward questions for English Language, and 2 absolute dream papers for Classics. Drama was an alright paper, even if it was a solid 3 hours long....

Honestly so difficult to judge how they've gone, but I'm hoping that by having 2 extra subjects it'll help a little bit to get the grades, and in any case, hopefully my coursework will help to push them up at least a tiny bit!
Original post by TeenPolyglot
Name: Josh

Required Grades: ABB

Predictions:

French - A/A* (but WJEC...)
English Language - A
Drama - B
Classical Civilisation - B/A
EPQ - A

What I'd really like: A*A*A*AB
What I'd be happy with: AAABB

Comments: The exam season for A-Levels was fairly tumultuous - there was the WJEC French paper, the unexpectedly awkward questions for English Language, and 2 absolute dream papers for Classics. Drama was an alright paper, even if it was a solid 3 hours long....

Honestly so difficult to judge how they've gone, but I'm hoping that by having 2 extra subjects it'll help a little bit to get the grades, and in any case, hopefully my coursework will help to push them up at least a tiny bit!

At least with 5 A Levels you've got your options pretty open :lol:
Original post by Gingerbread101
At least with 5 A Levels you've got your options pretty open :lol:

That's the only thing that's keeping me sane!
Original post by TeenPolyglot
That's the only thing that's keeping me sane!

Do you need any specific grades in specific subjects or is it just your best grades?
Reply 8
Name: Olivia

Required: ABB
Want: A*AB

Spoiler

Prediction:

German- A*
Government and Politics- A/B (hopefully)
Law- B (hopefully)

Comment:
I don't even know maaaaan :ashamed2: German went amazingly well and for politics I'm sure i put everything down which i thought was relevant enough not leaving out important details although almost nothing one of my teachers taught me came up (literally made my own study material that the whole class ended up using as revision). For Law i kinda messed up. There's two papers and in the first one i nearly ran out time so i bullet pointed the rest of the last question i still had to do (as my teacher often told us to in the worst case scenario) which wasn't much. Whether the quality, analysis and application of the questions was of satisfactory standard though...I don't know. For the second paper i kinda misinterpreted the questions and part of my answer for question 1 as I was writing it I noticed was meant to be for question 2. I kinda tried to rectify it but i don't know if they mark on presentation. All i know for that paper is that I absolutely aced the 35 marker no doubt. All I can say now though is that it's in God's hands now...
Original post by _.lxvv
Name: Olivia

Required: ABB
Want: A*AB

Spoiler

Prediction:

German- A*
Government and Politics- A/B (hopefully)
Law- B (hopefully)

Comment:
I don't even know maaaaan :ashamed2: German went amazingly well and for politics I'm sure i put everything down which i thought was relevant enough not leaving out important details although almost nothing one of my teachers taught me came up (literally made my own study material that the whole class ended up using as revision). For Law i kinda messed up. There's two papers and in the first one i nearly ran out time so i bullet pointed the rest of the last question i still had to do (as my teacher often told us to in the worst case scenario) which wasn't much. Whether the quality, analysis and application of the questions was of satisfactory standard though...I don't know. For the second paper i kinda misinterpreted the questions and part of my answer for question 1 as I was writing it I noticed was meant to be for question 2. I kinda tried to rectify it but i don't know if they mark on presentation. All i know for that paper is that I absolutely aced the 35 marker no doubt. All I can say now though is that it's in God's hands now...

Heyyy!! Those predictions are so positive considering what you need, you should be so proud of yourself!
Reply 10
Thank you! Just hoping Law doesn't let me down...if i don't get into Birmingham it's literally game over...
Original post by EmilySarah00
Heyyy!! Those predictions are so positive considering what you need, you should be so proud of yourself!
Original post by _.lxvv
Thank you! Just hoping Law doesn't let me down...if i don't get into Birmingham it's literally game over...

Well if you get A*BC for example that still equates to ABB in terms of equivalents so you’ll have to see if Birmingham take into consideration equivalents in their offers! It really sounds like you’ve got this :woo:
Name: Megan

Required Grades for Firm: ABB

Predictions:
English Literature and Language (AQA) - B
History (OCR) - A/B
Sociology (AQA) - A/B
Politics (AQA AS) - A
EPQ (Edexcel) - A*

Best Outcome: A*AAAB
Worst: A*ABBB

Comments: I feel relatively content about how this years exams went, although I think I'll be on the borderline for two of my subjects which is unnerving and frustrating considering the sheer amount of effort I put in. I just hope it goes well and I'm not disappointed as I have been during other results days. I know that, at least for me, gaining straight A's is unrealistic, but I'm optimistic that I can achieve some A grades.

Let's hope everything goes to plan, good luck everyone!
Original post by Gingerbread101
Do you need any specific grades in specific subjects or is it just your best grades?

They are general grades, but one of the grades has to be in French - it's for a French and Linguistics course.
Original post by MiraclePetals
Name: Megan

Required Grades for Firm: ABB

Predictions:
English Literature and Language (AQA) - B
History (OCR) - A/B
Sociology (AQA) - A/B
Politics (AQA AS) - A
EPQ (Edexcel) - A*

Best Outcome: A*AAAB
Worst: A*ABBB

Comments: I feel relatively content about how this years exams went, although I think I'll be on the borderline for two of my subjects which is unnerving and frustrating considering the sheer amount of effort I put in. I just hope it goes well and I'm not disappointed as I have been during other results days. I know that, at least for me, gaining straight A's is unrealistic, but I'm optimistic that I can achieve some A grades.

Let's hope everything goes to plan, good luck everyone!

Ahh well done these are such amazing grades!
@EmilySarah00 Your blog helped so much with my motivation too, so thankyou!
Original post by MiraclePetals
@EmilySarah00 Your blog helped so much with my motivation too, so thankyou!

Aw thank you so much this means a lot! :hugs:
Predicted AAB
Need BBB
What I think I got: A*BB
Best case: A*AB
Worse case: ABC
Prediction: A*AA or A*A*A or maybe even A*AB
A* - Maths (Edexcel)
A/A* - Chemistry (Edexcel)
A*/A/B - Physics (AQA)

Need: A*A*A for Imperial (probably gonna take a year out so not really that important)
Best case: A*A*A*
Worst case: A*AB

Comments: AQA physics just really messed me up - I think I went in not really taking it seriously then when in the exam it all hit me and the pressure made me make silly mistakes - I just missed out on loads of silly easy marks I would have gotten if I had done the test in class a week earlier. Chemistry I felt I messed up 1 paper but the other two went really well so hopefully an A* but maybe an A. Maths I thought was easy so I'm pretty sure its an A*
Name: Leo

Required Grades for Firm: AAA

Predictions:
A*/A - History (Edexcel)
A*/A - Ancient History (OCR)
A*/A - Classical Civilisation (OCR)

Comments:
Looking at these predictions for myself, I feel a lot more confident than I did haha. I feel like Classical Civilisation could be a bit shakier than that, even though an A* is theoretically possible because if I got the papers right then it's some of the best stuff I've written for the subject, I don't know how the last exam went though because the questions were really strange and I might have gone a bit off topic or interpreted them incorrectly. I don't know, at that point it was my third exam of the day and I was exhausted. History had some pretty scary papers but I think it went well. In Ancient History I'm very confident about my A because of my AS result, the A* is a lot less likely but probably possible?

Quick Reply

Latest