The Student Room Group

Is It Fine To Have Sex With Someone Who Is Drunk?

Scroll to see replies

What is drunk?

Is it having had one drink to put you over the drink-drive limit, but otherwise being completely aware of your surroundings?

Or is it being paralytic and unconscious?
Original post by The Weeknd
I don't see how we would decide who has the best interest and who does not. How do you even decide that? Also, there will be the matter of opinion. Is it fair to take away people's right to express their views that might not always be in line with courts. Still, I guess we should get rid of false information or bring about some sort of punishments to those spreading as they mislead MANY people.

Tax funded and written by professionals, e.g government appointed solicitor or barrister who's only interest is in presenting the facts of the case to the public.
it's pretty much fine if you are in a long term relationship. but if this is a semi-stranger or one night stand then no.
Original post by petalsunrise
it's pretty much fine if you are in a long term relationship. but if this is a semi-stranger or one night stand then no.

So does that mean you agree with marital rape? As the person would also be in a long term relationship...? Arguably, you will also be assuming consent?
If you're a woman it doesn't matter. If you're a man, you'd be charged for rape whatever the scenario.

You're drunk + she's sober and taking advantage of you?
You're charged for rape.
It doesn't matter that you were literally passed out on the bed whilst she was sucking your d*ck, it's clearly your fault.

You're sober and she's drunk?
You're charged for rape.
Well, she even signed one of those magical consent forms that feminists probably would advocate people carrying around with them. Nevertheless, she approached you and it's somehow your fault.

You're both drunk?
You're charged for rape.
She's still the victim apparently, even though you would wonder if you were actually raping each other if we use the idea that "you were drunk = you were raped"???

You're both sober?
You're charged for rape.
That girl feels guilty for cheating on her boyfriend again and doesn't want to be called a wh*re like she is. It's much easier t just accuse some random guy of rape than actually be responsible for her actions anyway. xx
Sometimes I feel like hardly any of TSR actually goes to parties..

If someone you're talking to is drunk, in that situation you'll probably be drunk too. Are you raping each other?
Reply 26
Not that this would ever be my issue but don't do anything with them unless they are still coherent.
Original post by The Weeknd
So does that mean you agree with marital rape? As the person would also be in a long term relationship...? Arguably, you will also be assuming consent?

what the hell are you going on about fam?? I do not agree with rape of any kind. I am just saying if two people in a relationship had a lot of drinks one night then when they go to bed together and have sex like they do most nights or most weekends then the intoxication is not an issue as it's already understood between the two people that they are in a trusting sexual relationship.
N-No, and the law says no too as a person has consented to sex if "she or he agrees by choice and has the freedom and capacity to make that choice", so if someone is intoxicated they do not have the capacity or freedom to make that choice. Also consent doesn't have to be verbal, you can say yes but still doesn't mean the individual had the capacity to give consent or did give consent.
Original post by lucabrasi98
Sometimes I feel like hardly any of TSR actually goes to parties..

If someone you're talking to is drunk, in that situation you'll probably be drunk too. Are you raping each other?

OP never stated whether both parties are drunk. And the level of drunkeness is important.
N if you're also sober but if you're both drunk then Y
It’s a really grey area. Legally, someone who’s intoxicated cannot give consent. Issues arise when both parties are drunk as well. I’m not sure of the answer here.
NO - can't take any risks especially nowadays
Original post by randomsheep11
If you're a woman it doesn't matter. If you're a man, you'd be charged for rape whatever the scenario.

You're charged for rape.

You're charged for rape.

You're both drunk?
You're charged for rape.

You're both sober?
You're charged for rape.

You must have an...interesting life. You'd be amazed how many times I've slept with women and NOT been charged with rape! :redface:
If they are tipsy drunk, yes.
If they are falling all over the place, and incoherent, no.
its easy to be satisfied with such a person because you dont have any string attached
not really no
Original post by Anonymous
Most false rape accusations don't make it to court...

Most accusations of rape don't make it trial.

1/10

There were just over 3,700 cases of rape or attempted rape brought to trial in England and Wales in 2016—the latest figures we have available. In the same year police recorded around 39,000 offences of rape or attempted rape reported to them.
https://fullfact.org/crime/how-many-reported-rapes-go-to-trial/
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by randomsheep11

You're charged for rape.
It doesn't matter that you were literally passed out on the bed whilst she was sucking your d*ck, it's clearly your fault.

You're charged for rape.
Well, she even signed one of those magical consent forms that feminists probably would advocate people carrying around with them. Nevertheless, she approached you and it's somehow your fault.

You're both drunk?
You're charged for rape.
She's still the victim apparently, even though you would wonder if you were actually raping each other if we use the idea that "you were drunk = you were raped"???

You're both sober?
You're charged for rape.
That girl feels guilty for cheating on her boyfriend again and doesn't want to be called a wh*re like she is. It's much easier t just accuse some random guy of rape than actually be responsible for her actions anyway. xx

I see the snivelling male victimisation movement is alive and well.
Original post by Sulfolobus
I see the snivelling male victimisation movement is alive and well.

Misandrism exists though. Still, I think he is an overreacting prick lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending