The Student Room Group

What did you think of student accommodation?

To me it was a mixed bag, the roommates you stay with also play a factor and would you stay in it again for....free?
Original post by Other_Owl
To me it was a mixed bag, the roommates you stay with also play a factor and would you stay in it again for....free?

I think the best thing for me was that everyone was in the same boat, living away from home for the first time and learning to look after themselves. Everyone brought a different skill set and experiences.

Generally it was too noisy, too small and too dirty for me. I like my own space and the home comforts you can have when you don't need to worry about security of your possessions. Maybe a studio flat would suit me better but I couldn't honestly imagine going back to any sort of student accommodation now.
Reply 2
Original post by Other_Owl

I loved my accom just as it was so close to town and to my lectures. I got on really well with my flatmates but omg they were so messy. Literally only one of them would ever do his dishes.

I’m living in a house next year so I’m looking forward to that.
I liked my accommodation when I lived on campus, and the people I lived with were nice too - and that does make all the difference.

If someone gave me the chance to live that year again I would do so without question - and I would also make a lot more of it than I did the first time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending