The Student Room Group

Missing grades

I’m hoping to study Spanish at Cardiff university in September but I’m worried I’m not gonna meet my offer (BBB). Does anyone know how lenient they are towards A level results that are lower than the offer? Or does anyone have any knowledge on how competitive languages are at unis like Cardiff?
Original post by Charlottew99
I’m hoping to study Spanish at Cardiff university in September but I’m worried I’m not gonna meet my offer (BBB). Does anyone know how lenient they are towards A level results that are lower than the offer? Or does anyone have any knowledge on how competitive languages are at unis like Cardiff?

If you fail to make the grade then you have to wait and see how many others make it and accept.
They will then know how many spare places they have. If you are close or have extenuating circumstances, they will look at all the near misses on a case by case basis. they will then allocate places where they see appropriate. IF you arent close enough they will just put the space into clearing. 1 grade is reasonable chance, 2 grades lower is a lesser chance, three grades below and youd be very lucky. It all depends and even they dont know till results.
Original post by 999tigger
If you fail to make the grade then you have to wait and see how many others make it and accept.
They will then know how many spare places they have. If you are close or have extenuating circumstances, they will look at all the near misses on a case by case basis. they will then allocate places where they see appropriate. IF you arent close enough they will just put the space into clearing. 1 grade is reasonable chance, 2 grades lower is a lesser chance, three grades below and youd be very lucky. It all depends and even they dont know till results.

Original post by Charlottew99

I am in the same position, did you get into Cardiff and did you get the BBB?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending