The Student Room Group

Cambridge Natural Sciences 2019 Application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
hi everyone! congrats on all your offers :smile:

i have an offer from emma, A*A*A for bio/chem/maths in any order. I also take history a level but that has been excluded from my offer.
Reply 161
Original post by billybibbit
I'm applying for bio natsci at caius. I really enjoyed my interviews, but, to be honest, I felt that the questions were quite basic and I'm not really sure how not-basic I was able to make the discussion. Anyways, right before getting my hopes up, I remembered my worst nightmare (aka the NSAA) and now I'm anxiously waiting for the decisions to be made xD

Yo omg my interview was the same! I was so scared haha did you get an offer??
oooh my offer is A* A* A A which an A* in maths
Original post by Kalo7854
Yas Phys NatSci at Johns! Can I ask what everyone’s offers are looking like, cuz I’ve been asked for A*A*A*A in Maths, FM, Physics, and Chem, which puts the pressure on my exams a bit more! (Though thank goodness they’re my predicted grades and no higher!) :-)

Also a st John's physical Natsci offer holder! My conditions are A*A*AA.
A* in maths, A in further maths, and then A*A in chemistry and physics in whatever order
Okay I have a really weird question... but is there anyone on here for Newnham Natsci (2019 entry) That would like to trade year of entry with me (so have their offer deferred: you would meet the conditions this year and then have a gap year with a place for the next year confirmed)?

My offer was deferred by the college because of my age. This is very impractical for me as I don’t want a gap year personally (my options are very limited because I’ll be 16) and the fees might increase substantially for me because I’m an EU student and brexit could possibly cost me £120,000+ extra.

Newnham has let me know that they could maybe let me enter this year if enough people reject the offer/ don’t meet the conditions, but if one of you would like a gap year that could be a solution as well.

Thanks so so much!! I think this might be a good two-way deal as you’ll get a gap year that is completely stress free, and I’ll possibly pay tenthousands of pounds less.
Reply 165
Original post by 2s112709
Hey guys, Clare Phys Nat sci post a level here - desperately searching for fellow clare scientists :frown:

I'm pretty much exactly like you, Clare, physnatsci and post a level😂
Original post by christie.2501
yes, bio natsci at jesus, wbu?

I heard back two saturday's ago, but Durham are notorious for sending offers later and taking their time so I wouldn't sweat it

Yep, PhysNatSci at St. Catharine's!

My offer was A*A*A with A* in FM and the A*A in phys/chem in any order.

Durham I heard back from exactly the same day as Cambridge, which was nice! An AA offer for NatSci, which is now my insurance.

What's everybody thinking in terms of first year modules (if we get in)?

For me it's probably Maths, Chemistry, EarthSci and Evolution & Behaviour. Even though I applied as a PhysNatSci, I realised I kinda like physics but I'm more excited about EarthSci and evolution ties in really nicely with that (even though I don't do biology A-level) and I wanna keep my options as broad as possible.
Yas Phys NatSci at Johns! Can I ask what everyone’s offers are looking like, cuz I’ve been asked for A*A*A*A in Maths, FM, Physics, and Chem, which puts the pressure on my exams a bit more! (Though thank goodness they’re my predicted grades and no higher!) :-)

I've got Selwyn :smile: and my offer is pretty much the same, A in maths and then A*A*A in fm, chem and physics, which feels like a 3A* offer!
I'm thinking of picking physics, maths B, chemistry and Earth science, wbu?
Original post by REA2001
I've got Selwyn :smile: and my offer is pretty much the same, A in maths and then A*A*A in fm, chem and physics, which feels like a 3A* offer!
I'm thinking of picking physics, maths B, chemistry and Earth science, wbu?

Lordy aye that’s a fun offer, good luck!! But congrats on your offer! I’m hoping to do Chem, maths B, Physics, and Materials, then figure out my other years from there! My goodness though A* in FM, that really is a 4 A Level offer!
Lordy aye that’s a fun offer, good luck!! But congrats on your offer! I’m hoping to do Chem, maths B, Physics, and Materials, then figure out my other years from there! My goodness though A* in FM, that really is a 4 A Level offer!

Thanks! Congrats to you too! Good luck! If they're your predicted grades I'm sure you'll get it, even if it seems high (or at least that's what I've been trying to tell myself)
Original post by Rory_Evan
Yep, PhysNatSci at St. Catharine's!

My offer was A*A*A with A* in FM and the A*A in phys/chem in any order.

Durham I heard back from exactly the same day as Cambridge, which was nice! An AA offer for NatSci, which is now my insurance.

What's everybody thinking in terms of first year modules (if we get in)?

For me it's probably Maths, Chemistry, EarthSci and Evolution & Behaviour. Even though I applied as a PhysNatSci, I realised I kinda like physics but I'm more excited about EarthSci and evolution ties in really nicely with that (even though I don't do biology A-level) and I wanna keep my options as broad as possible.

I take E&B and can confirm it is one of my favourite modules despite taking it kind of as a filler subject. Very little biological knowledge is needed beforehand, but you’ll need to write essays for it, so that’ll probably take some getting used to as a PhysNatSci :’)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending