Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Is anyone applying to Natsci this October??
    If you are, how many A levels are you doing and what are your predicted grades?
    Also has anyone actually started to work in any way? because I m planning to leave everything to September when I ll be well rested and much more efficient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jklasjrkx123)
    Hey,
    Also has anyone actually started to work in any way? because I m planning to leave everything to September when I ll be well rested and much more efficient
    I am applying to NatSci this October! I am doing 4 A Levels (Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology), and my predicted grades are A* in maths, A's in biology and chemistry and a B in Physics.
    I've kinda started to do some NSAA prep, only because I am super slow at multiple choice and I want to be able to finish section 1. So just practising multiple choice questions from my A Level subjects and stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    For future reference, please use the year of entry in the title instead of the year of application, as it gets confusing
    The prospectus doesn't say 2018 on it, it says 2019
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by jklasjrkx123)
    Hey,
    (Original post by jason0597)
    For future reference, please use the year of entry in the title instead of the year of application, as it gets confusing
    The prospectus doesn't say 2018 on it, it says 2019
    Yup, I've edited the title

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I’m doing Bio Chem Maths and Phys applying as BioNatSci. Predicted 4A*. Finding revising for the NSAA hard - all about timing
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm also going to apply for NatSci ! I'm French so I don't do A-levels but I'm predicted around 18.5/20 at the French Baccalauréat. I started training for NSAA just a couple days ago and I'll be sitting IELTS at the end of the month.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I’m applying for bio+chemistry natsci, and I’m doing biology, chemistry and maths at A2, I did physics AS and I’m planning on dropping it (depending on results). I’ll get my official predicted grades after results day but at the moment it’s 3A*.

I have been doing summer work, which is all science based so I suppose it all helps, but I’m struggling on how to study specifically for the NSAA. How is everyone else preparing for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyvwoo)
    Hi, I’m applying for bio+chemistry natsci, and I’m doing biology, chemistry and maths at A2, I did physics AS and I’m planning on dropping it (depending on results). I’ll get my official predicted grades after results day but at the moment it’s 3A*.

I have been doing summer work, which is all science based so I suppose it all helps, but I’m struggling on how to study specifically for the NSAA. How is everyone else preparing for it?
    Anyone did the specimen paper 2 for biology section? Just would like to compare answers

ReputationRep:
    For the moment I'm just going over the content specification to make sure I know everything that is required (I study at a french high school so we don't learn the same content as in A levels). I'll do some past papers when I'm finished
    The most difficult thing is that time is very short so I'd suggest to practice on solving quickly maths problems
    If anyone has other suggestions/methods of revision please let me know!

ReputationRep:
    I’m thinking of doing the NSAA but currently my knowledge level is at AS sciences (I haven’t taken my AS yet, it is this Oct), would it be unwise if I sit for this test end of this Oct or should I wait until I have learnt my A2 stuff to try for it? Does it make a difference? Is the scope of the assessment up to A2? And have you guys who are taking it all learnt your A2 already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitaminwater)
    I’m thinking of doing the NSAA but currently my knowledge level is at AS sciences (I haven’t taken my AS yet, it is this Oct), would it be unwise if I sit for this test end of this Oct or should I wait until I have learnt my A2 stuff to try for it? Does it make a difference? Is the scope of the assessment up to A2? And have you guys who are taking it all learnt your A2 already?
    I think if you’re applying to Cambridge for 2019 nat Sci entry, you have to have taken at least the NSAA as part of your application, and some colleges require extra stuff on top of that, so the NSAA is designed that it can be taken at the start of y13, not at the end of a Levels :-)

ReputationRep:
    Also I’m doing maths, further maths, chemistry, and physics a levels, hoping to apply to St John’s college, with predictions A*A*A*A (hahahahaha further maths I’ll try but pfft A* naaah 😂😂)

I’ve kinda looked at the NSAA, plus St. John’s have another assessment on the day of the interview, but I’m figuring as long as I know my a Level specs thoroughly I should be ok (hopefully!!)
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Vitaminwater)
    Check the spec (I *think* it's AS-level)
    https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....cification.pdf

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Corpus Christi College Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    Pembroke College Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.