The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2019 University of Edinburgh Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Molyy022
Have any Scottish students received offers from Edinburgh yet or just international students?

Wait do International students receive offers first? And to answer your question Scottish students haven't all applied yet because the deadline is in January. And they receive offers a bit later on that that.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I saw somewhere that international law students had received offers. I believe Scottish students should begin to hear within the next few weeks.
Original post by Molyy022
Have any Scottish students received offers from Edinburgh yet or just international students?

I got an offer around 2 weeks ago and im scottish :smile:
Hey guys,

My name is Ellie. I have applied for veterinary medicine at Edinburgh, Cambridge, Surrey, Royal Vet College.
My GCSE grades are: 2A* 7A 1B
My predicted grades are: A*A*A in Chemistry, Psychology and Biology respectively.
Work experience: around 6 weeks in total, including 1 week in vet practice.
I am eligible for context at Edinburgh, due to my current school situation and the area in which I live.
P.S. On Friday I received my first interview invitation from the Uni of Surrey! :smile:

Any other fellow vet students applying to Edinburgh?!
Original post by Mileyrocks68
Hey guys,

My name is Ellie. I have applied for veterinary medicine at Edinburgh, Cambridge, Surrey, Royal Vet College.
My predicted grades are: A*A*A in Chemistry, Psychology and Biology respectively.
I am eligible for context at Edinburgh, due to my current school situation and the area in which I live.
P.S. On Friday I received my first interview invitation from the Uni of Surrey! :smile:

I’ve applied for veterinary medicine at Edinburgh, RVC, Liverpool and Surrey. I’ve got interviews at Liverpool and Surrey, but still waiting to hear from RVC and Edinburgh!
Original post by jess_keenlyside
I’ve applied for veterinary medicine at Edinburgh, RVC, Liverpool and Surrey. I’ve got interviews at Liverpool and Surrey, but still waiting to hear from RVC and Edinburgh!

Hi! :smile:
First of, a huge congratulations for receiving two interviews! Thats awesome!
I'm literally in love with Edinburgh - both the course and the location so I really hope I hear back, at least for an interview!
Are you attending an interview at Surrey on the 17th of November or on the 1st of December?
Lets keep in touch?

Hope you're having a good day!
Hi! :smile:
First of, a huge congratulations for receiving two interviews! Thats awesome!
I'm literally in love with Edinburgh - both the course and the location so I really hope I hear back, at least for an interview!
Are you attending an interview at Surrey on the 17th of November or on the 1st of December?
Lets keep in touch?

Hope you're having a good day!

Thank you! Liverpool is my favourite so I’m really happy I’ve got an interview there, but I’m hoping I hear from Edinburgh soon as that’s my next choice.
I also love the city and also the course and facilities/ hospitals at Edinburgh!
My interview is on 1st December, what about you?
:smile:
Hey, I've applied for graduate entry vet med at Edinburgh, has anyone else on here applied for the graduate entry? :smile:
Original post by v1ct0ria
Wait do International students receive offers first? And to answer your question Scottish students haven't all applied yet because the deadline is in January. And they receive offers a bit later on that that.

I believe the offers are given out on a rolling basis. Some Scottish students may have already applied and got their offers, presumably, as the Oxbridge deadline is 15 October. If you apply now, you could probably get a decision by the end of 2018 even. :smile:
Reply 209
Have any Brits got offers from Edinburgh yet? I've heard that Edinburgh don't give offers until like January but no idea if there's any truth to it...
Original post by KuninS
Have any Brits got offers from Edinburgh yet? I've heard that Edinburgh don't give offers until like January but no idea if there's any truth to it...

I’m English and I’ve applied for veterinary medicine at Edinburgh. I’m still waiting to hear :/
Reply 211
Hi everyone!

Course(s) Applied for: BSc Computer Science and Mathematics
Other Unis Applied to: Oxford, St Andrews, Durham, Loughborough
Anything Else: Received offer 14/11/2018 - AAA
Original post by KuninS

My son is UK state school non selective in year 13. Maths offer conditional A* A A in October. My daughter studies in Edin uni too and her offer was in the Feb/March 2016 as she applied for Painting. She has transferred now to another degree there. It is a brilliant University and I wish all the applicants the best of luck!
Hey guys,

Hi there! I’m a vet applicant too. Well done on your Surrey invite- I’ve got Liverpool and Cambridge so far :smile: can’t wait for Edinburgh to get back to the rUK applicants 🤞
Any English history and / or economics applicants heard anything yet?
Original post by stimtothesky
Hi there! I’m a vet applicant too. Well done on your Surrey invite- I’ve got Liverpool and Cambridge so far :smile: can’t wait for Edinburgh to get back to the rUK applicants 🤞

Hey!
CONGRATS! That's incredible. I completed a work experience placement alongside a 3rd year Liverpool vet student doing her EMS! She spoke highly of the course and the uni :smile:

Which college did you apply to for Cambridge? I am still waiting to hear back :frown:
I submitted an open application and was allocated to Trinity Hall and am pretty happy about it!

Vet med is literally one giant waiting game! Ugh lol
Original post by jess_keenlyside
Thank you! Liverpool is my favourite so I’m really happy I’ve got an interview there, but I’m hoping I hear from Edinburgh soon as that’s my next choice.
I also love the city and also the course and facilities/ hospitals at Edinburgh!
My interview is on 1st December, what about you?
:smile:

My interview is on the 1st of December too!
Hey!
CONGRATS! That's incredible. I completed a work experience placement alongside a 3rd year Liverpool vet student doing her EMS! She spoke highly of the course and the uni :smile:

Which college did you apply to for Cambridge? I am still waiting to hear back :frown:
I submitted an open application and was allocated to Trinity Hall and am pretty happy about it!

Vet med is literally one giant waiting game! Ugh lol

Trinity hall seems great from what I’ve read! I applied to Catz which tend to be early for vet so I wouldn’t worry too much :smile: I hate all this waiting, I’m impatient at the best of times 😂
Original post by stimtothesky
Trinity hall seems great from what I’ve read! I applied to Catz which tend to be early for vet so I wouldn’t worry too much :smile: I hate all this waiting, I’m impatient at the best of times 😂

Ah another beautiful college. I looooove the look of St Caths!
... Who am I kidding?! Aren't they all??? Haha

Congrats though, wish you the best of luck for interviews and the rest of your application. Do keep me updated!
Ah another beautiful college. I looooove the look of St Caths!
... Who am I kidding?! Aren't they all??? Haha

Congrats though, wish you the best of luck for interviews and the rest of your application. Do keep me updated!

Good luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending