The Student Room Group

SQA results

My sister got AAAAB for Highers but I'm not sure if this is enough to get her into medicine. The higher subjects she took were:
-Biology (A)
-Chemistry (A)
-English (A)
-Maths (A)
-Geography (B).

She's not sure if all universities would take her in with those higher grades.
Original post by Legendrian
My sister got AAAAB for Highers but I'm not sure if this is enough to get her into medicine. The higher subjects she took were:
-Biology (A)
-Chemistry (A)
-English (A)
-Maths (A)
-Geography (B).

Check the requirements on the university's website. Also, bear in mind UKCAT/BMAT scores and interviews count too.
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
Check the requirements on the university's website. Also, bear in mind UKCAT/BMAT scores and interviews count too.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that is the typical higher grades for medical applicants. Most of them are asking for all A's.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Check with the university, she still may get an offer depending what everyone else gets.
Original post by Legendrian
-Biology (A)
-Chemistry (A)
-English (A)
-Maths (A)
-Geography (B).

Yes, she can still get into medicine with those grades. Of the five universities offering medicine undergrad degrees, only Glasgow requires 5 As at higher (lower requirements available for people doing widening access programmes). The others (Dundee, Aberdeen St Andrews and Edinburgh all say AAAAB and above will be considered for interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending