The Student Room Group

Relationship

How to keep your 7 month relationship strong with only seeing eachother once a week. I’m 15 he’s 16 and we are just getting weaker as a couple we have been under a lot of stress recently and I think that is why we have got weaker. Anyone have any advice to get us back on track and strong again..?
Try to rekindle the fire again, organise a date or a day trip just to have a chat with each other again and catch up to see where you are in the relationship
Reply 2
I actually suggested this to him earlier.
But we both feel so comfortable in the relationship we can’t start the flirt/ fire again..
Original post by Holsxo
I actually suggested this to him earlier.
But we both feel so comfortable in the relationship we can’t start the flirt/ fire again..

Maybe if you can’t rekindle it it’s over? But sometimes guys can just be distant and there’s nothing to worry about
Hello, just a few questions (don't feel as if you must respond to all).

1. Do you feel happy when you do see him?
2. How much effort is put in from both sides?
3. Is it a sexual relationship?
4. Can you both afford to get out on regular-ish dates?
5. Why do you only see each other once a week?
Reply 5
Just organise a fun day

If you have fun then you'll both be fine

If an argument breaks out or you didn't have fun as one side was being a deek, break it off
Original post by Holsxo
How to keep your 7 month relationship strong with only seeing eachother once a week. I’m 15 he’s 16 and we are just getting weaker as a couple we have been under a lot of stress recently and I think that is why we have got weaker. Anyone have any advice to get us back on track and strong again..?

I have similar being in a relationship where we see eachother like once a week and being 16 and 17 and mostly it's just bad patches I've found, but make sure you talk about it with your partner, I've been with mine 9 months and we hsve had ups and downs but talking about it always helps
Reply 7
Original post by JakeyWesley
Hello, just a few questions (don't feel as if you must respond to all).

1. Do you feel happy when you do see him?
2. How much effort is put in from both sides?
3. Is it a sexual relationship?
4. Can you both afford to get out on regular-ish dates?
5. Why do you only see each other once a week?

1. Over the moon!
2. 100%
3. Yes it is
4. Most of the time
5. He goes to boarding school and only see eachother on Sundays
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe if you can’t rekindle it it’s over? But sometimes guys can just be distant and there’s nothing to worry about

But we get eachother so much and our connection is amazing when we are together!
Reply 9
Original post by as125
Just organise a fun day

If you have fun then you'll both be fine

If an argument breaks out or you didn't have fun as one side was being a deek, break it off

Yeah it’s usually in text when we argue more than when we are together we support eachother
Original post by Holsxo
1. Over the moon!
2. 100%
3. Yes it is
4. Most of the time
5. He goes to boarding school and only see eachother on Sundays

Have you considered doing one of those question games where you see who knows more about the other person? It sounds really boring at first because you start of with the stuff like 'what's my favourite movie?' but eventually it becomes more personal. Soon you'll notice you are both reliving the moments you've both been through together by playing a game.

Everything else in your relationship sounds great so I don't think breaking up is an option here. Usually it's common for people to start feeling that 'spark' less somewhere between 6-8 months of being together.

I'll add a link to a site where it explains things a bit more; the key is to fight through the current.struggle you've got.

http://www.relationship-help.com/articlesdetail.asp?id=64
Reply 11
I mentioned this is another thread but I think most relationships are a bit quiet during the long summer holiday. I’m sure things will be normal once you guys are busy again. Try organise a nice meal or something and speak in person.
Reply 12
Original post by JakeyWesley
Have you considered doing one of those question games where you see who knows more about the other person? It sounds really boring at first because you start of with the stuff like 'what's my favourite movie?' but eventually it becomes more personal. Soon you'll notice you are both reliving the moments you've both been through together by playing a game.

Everything else in your relationship sounds great so I don't think breaking up is an option here. Usually it's common for people to start feeling that 'spark' less somewhere between 6-8 months of being together.

I'll add a link to a site where it explains things a bit more; the key is to fight through the current.struggle you've got.

http://www.relationship-help.com/articlesdetail.asp?id=64

Awh that’s great to hear thank you!
Original post by Holsxo
Awh that’s great to hear thank you!

Hope all turns out well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending