The Student Room Group

Good ending?

Hi. This is so dumb.

Right, so I'm writing a fanfiction. I don't know how to end it - I genuinely don't have the foggiest clue. Any, literally any, help would be super appreciated.

So. A man grieving for his brother is clearing out the home they used to live at together. He comes across his brother's phone, and it reads an appointment number... blah bla. Basically, the brother, now dead, had been planning on trying to visit a child (context: these brothers had raised a baby together after the now dead brother's girlfriend walked out. turns out the baby wasn't the dead brother's at all and so it got put nto care).

So grieving man decides (after much stuff, it's not important rn it'll take forever if I include all of this) to try to adopt this child because he thinks it's what his brother would want, besides he loves/misses this kid. Turns out it's been adopted already.

He pulls strings, manages to visit. It's fine, but dun dun dun, turns out the kid is being abused.

Grieving man works so damn hard to get this kid put back into care again, again after much stuff, and basically he gets no support - his colleagues are concerned, thinking he's trying to use this kid to replace and thinks hes being selfish. He's all alone.

He just about works it out, manages to get the kid out of the place, manages to sort out adoption stuff, and (this is a lotttttt further in the story, and it'll all be plausible with reseach, sorry this is a Rough Draft) he's goign to try adopting child soon.

However just as its all beginning to work out,hes hit by an ambulance. when he comes too, he's informed he can't adopt after all; everytont hinks he was tryingto kill himself even though he wasn't. He's distraught because all he wants is to adopt the kid so it won't be in a care system feeling unloved and potentially being in danger.

NOW I'M STUCK

It's a pivotal point. Where next? How could it end? How could I make this more plausible?

Seiously I'm stuck. I am so bad at ideas but I love writing/researching. Anyone got any sort of help? I just want a rough draft so I can fix it up but if I don't know the ending, it's pretty tough.

PS: Well done if you finished this post, it was so long haha. I doubt anyone will be able to help but I'm hoping. :smile:

AND ALSO YES I KNOW I'M A HORRIBLE WRITER FOR NOT BEING GOOD AT PLANNING
Moved to creative corner
sorry, no idea - anyone else have any ideas?
How old is the kid?

Maybe the story jumps to when the kid is around 13. The man is walking through a park, alone, trying to make sense of the world and how it's so cruel, when he finds the kid asleep under a tree wrapped in a blanket because he ran away from his adoptive home.
Original post by esralled
How old is the kid?

Maybe the story jumps to when the kid is around 13. The man is walking through a park, alone, trying to make sense of the world and how it's so cruel, when he finds the kid asleep under a tree wrapped in a blanket because he ran away from his adoptive home.

Hi, coming off of anon as it's easier :smile: I was planning the kid to be about three, maybe four. Thank you that could maybe work I'm not sure
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending