The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Help! KCL accommodation advice

I put KCL as my insurance, messed up, so now I'm scrambling for accommodation. I don't have their guarantee for a place and their residence portal is closed until the 16th of August, so I have no idea whats going on with my application. I'm most likely going to apply for a private residence/co-uni but would love some advice!

Any recommendations (not too far from Strand Campus and not too expensive, preferably under £300/week) would be beyond amazing. :smile: Seriously stressing about this 🤢
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by denh
I put KCL as my insurance, messed up, so now I'm scrambling for accommodation. I don't have their guarantee for a place and their residence portal is closed until the 16th of August, so I have no idea whats going on with my application. I'm most likely going to apply for a private residence/co-uni but would love some advice!

Any recommendations (not too far from Strand Campus and not too expensive, preferably under £300) would be beyond amazing. :smile: Seriously stressing about this 🤢

Is that... below £300 per week, or month?

You're better off looking at places outside of the Strand area and say East London e.g. Tottenham Hale etc.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
Is that... below £300 per week, or month?

You're better off looking at places outside of the Strand area and say East London e.g. Tottenham Hale etc.

Sorry, meant to say £300 a week. Hoping to grab something that's under a 30 min metro/bus ride to the campus. Thanks!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi!
Would anyone be interested in doing a room swap? My accommodation offer is for Stratford One, it's:
- An Ensuite
- £215 per week (40 week contract)
- Decent room size (double bed)
- Next to Stratford International Train Station (with Jubilee, tfl, central lines & national rail)
- Modern with a sky room and views of East/Central London
- Next to Olympic Park and Westfield Shopping center (biggest in UK)
Please reply or pm me if you're interested!!
Reply 4
[QUOTE="xavj;79379940"]Hi!
Would anyone be interested in doing a room swap? My accommodation offer is for Stratford One, it's:
- An Ensuite
- £215 per week (40 week contract)
- Decent room size (double bed)
- Next to Stratford International Train Station (with Jubilee, tfl, central lines & national rail)
- Modern with a sky room and views of East/Central London
- Next to Olympic Park and Westfield Shopping center (biggest in UK)
Please reply or pm me if you're interested!![/QUOTE

Is this offer still available?
Original post by denh

Any recommendations (not too far from Strand Campus and not too expensive, preferably under £300/week) would be beyond amazing. :smile: Seriously stressing about this 🤢

Hi!
I have an ensuite at Julian Markham, Elephant and Castle. Close to every campus, 15-20 mins by bus. £259/pw. Let me know if you're willing to take over my agreement :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest