The Student Room Group

Which offer will Edinburgh make me?

For the IR course it says from A*AA to ABB. Now obviously there is a huge gap between the two. Is there anyway I can gauge if I will receive an offer towards the higher or the lower end?
Reply 1
Original post by richardsmith
For the IR course it says from A*AA to ABB. Now obviously there is a huge gap between the two. Is there anyway I can gauge if I will receive an offer towards the higher or the lower end?

No one here can tell you that. Edinburgh have given a range, but the actual offer they give to any given candidate will depend on the strength of your own application.
Reply 2
You should always assume any offer would be at the higher end of the range, unless you are attending a low-performing school and/or are from an area where participation in HE is low.
Original post by User8612
No one here can tell you that. Edinburgh have given a range, but the actual offer they give to any given candidate will depend on the strength of your own application.

Ok but does that mean that the stronger my application the lower the offer will be or viceversa?
Reply 4
Ok but does that mean that the stronger my application the lower the offer will be or viceversa?
A stronger application doesn't necessaril get a lower offer. Sometimes apparently very strong applications are unsuccessful (and not just at Oxbridge). What I've said above about how the range is used applies across most universities, not just Edinburgh.

If a uni really wants you, they are more likely to make you an unconditional-if-firmed offer than to make you a lower offer. I don't know if Edinburgh makes unconditional-if-firmed offers, however.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending